IGNORED

The Official 2010 World Cup Thread

Guest Mirezzi

argentina seems to win despite of maradona. i am not sold on his tactical savvy.

yeah, he has none. arg plays like if they had just met. but they are still top players, possibly the best team man by man. also, wtf is gonzales doing in that position?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dirty Protest

argentina seems to win despite of maradona. i am not sold on his tactical savvy.

As Brian Clough proved, its not all about tactics. How difficult would it be, his team talk must consist of 'You Messi, go kick the ball'.

Hoping France loses tonight.

me too. but Mexico is unpredictable, they can give the match of their life and still lose, there's a saying around here regarding the mexican team: "Jugamos como nunca, perdimos como siempre" meaning, we played like we've never had but lost as we always do. From what i've heard the french team seems to be falling apart. also they haven't shown anything yet. Mexico should win.

Guest Alex C

The more and more I see these empty seats the more fucked off I get, it's a total embarassment and no way are they deserving of it.

Guest Mirezzi

Argentina drubs Korea. Order restored. On with the real world cup, thanks.

Argentina have a lot of questions yet to be answered in defense. Heinze is gonna run out of steam, Samuel picked up a knock today and he's not exactly young. Then there's...Demichelis, who was downright lost today.

Still, with or without scoring goals, Messi gave Nigeria and S. Korea a lot of problems, as expected, and Tevez was a fucking animal today.

Korea shouldn't worry about it and should start thinking about Nigeria. I still think they'll get out of this group.

Argentina drubs Korea. Order restored. On with the real world cup, thanks.

Argentina have a lot of questions yet to be answered in defense. Heinze is gonna run out of steam, Samuel picked up a knock today and he's not exactly young. Then there's...Demichelis, who was downright lost today.

Still, with or without scoring goals, Messi gave Nigeria and S. Korea a lot of problems, as expected, and Tevez was a fucking animal today.

Korea shouldn't worry about it and should start thinking about Nigeria. I still think they'll get out of this group.

Yeah, totally agree - KOR can still make it, as long as they don't let today's spanking demoralize them, especially after the good start they had (in their first match).

Guest Mirezzi

Also, a statistic for all the non-believers. In the first two games of the second round of the group stage, Uruguay beats South Africa 3-0 and Argentina beats S. Korea 4-1. That's 8 goals. Coincidence?

Still, with or without scoring goals, Messi gave Nigeria and S. Korea a lot of problems, as expected,

i think Messi was involved in all the goals.

It was a bit strange, whenever messi had the ball the game seemed to be playing at 3x the speed. the rest of the team was calm and didn't understand his thinking most of the time.

it's much harder for greece and much much harder for nigeria to progress than south korea.

the koreans will face a demoralized and somewhat banned nigerian team and with their (hopefully present) organization, they can find a win like they did in the opener. that seems much more plausible than greece overcoming a confident argentina side regardless of their defensive frailties. So, Argentina group winners, South Korea 2nd, greece, then nigeria. so thats done then.

COME ON LE BLEU!!!!!!

Guest Mirezzi

i'm pretty fired up for this france - mexico game. NE BLEU PAS!!!! VIVA MEXICO!!!

Amen.

Anybody cheering for France should eat a bagette-sized dick.

Guest Dirty Protest

I want France to win, losing their attack would be a loss to the tournament. Its just a pity Domenech wants them to play behind the ball.

Guest Mirezzi

I want France to win, losing their attack would be a loss to the tournament. Its just a pity Domenech wants them to play behind the ball.

What fucking attack? lol...they look every bit as ready to go home early as they did in 2002.

Archived