IGNORED

The Official 2010 World Cup Thread

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Alex C

For anyone not aware, if both games are draws it's down to the amount of goals in said draw

So of England draw 2-2 and USA draw 1-1 then we go through and vice versa.

If both games have the same draw result then it's down to lots like a cup draw, fuck that

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Alex C

England starting 11

James, Johnson, A. Cole, Terry, Upson, Milner, Gerrard, Barry, Lampard, Rooney, Defoe.

Thank God the changes are there

i'm rooting for the yanks today. i'm not a bitter scot/england ill-wisher(my granda was geordie) but i think they deserve it more. anyway let's face it neither of you have what it takes to win.

I HATE YOU KELTOI I PRETENDED TO BE YOUR FRIEND

quick rambo! let's just pretend i posted this....

i'm rooting for the english today. i'm not a bitter scot/yank ill-wisher(my granda was a yank) but i think they deserve it more. anyway let's face it only england have what it takes to win.
Guest Conor74

seriously, go take your bagpipes and your onions and go and obsess over us on an Irish forum for Irish people (who i hate *shakes fist*)

Is this not a forum for, amongst others, Richard David James from Ireland, Scotland's finest Boards of Canada etc.?

Neil Morrissey sings one terrible cover of a Tight Fit song, and England thinks they own the world of music...too... :tongue:

Guest Rambo

lol i was only joking mate. Lets just have sex and be done with it. I dont mind lowering myself to have sex with an Irish person.

:whistling:

For anyone not aware, if both games are draws it's down to the amount of goals in said draw

So of England draw 2-2 and USA draw 1-1 then we go through and vice versa.

If both games have the same draw result then it's down to lots like a cup draw, fuck that

No, I think England needs to win to be sure to advance, regardless of how the other game goes. If there is a 2-2 draw with Slovenia and the US game ends 1-1, then USA advances due to scoring more goals. If both the US and England games end in a draw, England needs to have scored 3 more goals than the US to advance without a lot.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

if usa go through i'll be happy.

what's that? one of the world's best manager? arguably the world's best striker? best league in the world? hi ho, engerland!

hmm!

Guest Dirty Protest

Barrys got a lot of work to do, but if he plays well England will be fine. I wonder if Joe Coles pissed off with Terry, after talking him out of a starting place.

Guest Mirezzi

Upson. lol...

No Joe Cole doesn't surprise me. This is the same sort of tentative, deferential starting 11 I'd expect from England.

I think they're in trouble. Slovenia are great through the midfield and they have a very good goalkeeper. You guys better cross your fingers that Milner just had food poisoning against the U.S. Still, I can't imagine he's match fit. Garreth Barry shouldn't even be in South Africa. Just...bleh.

Guest Dirty Protest

Upson. lol...

No Joe Cole doesn't surprise me. This is the same sort of tentative, deferential starting 11 I'd expect from England.

I think they're in trouble. Slovenia are great through the midfield and they have a very good goalkeeper. You guys better cross your fingers that Milner just had food poisoning against the U.S. Still, I can't imagine he's match fit. Garreth Barry shouldn't even be in South Africa. Just...bleh.

Barry is in the team to allow Johnson and Cole to get forward, giving more attcking options. There will probably be points in this game when England will have 3 up front. Unless im looking at a different team sheet from you.

Guest Mirezzi

Upson. lol...

Barry is in the team to allow Johnson and Cole to get forward, giving more attcking options. There will probably be points in this game when England will have 3 up front. Unless im looking at a different team sheet from you.

No, the same.

I am not surprised by the lineup, to be honest. Milner instead of Joe Cole doesn't hurt my feelings. I like Milner a lot more than most and I think he has more to his game than J. Cole. What else could we expect? Put Gerrard in the middle and play Milner out on the right? Has anything good *ever* happened with Gerrard and Lampard in the middle?

I'm so fucking tired of Lampard. Not only does he suck, but he creates this dilemma with Gerrard. I'd put Milner in the middle with Gerrard, stick Fat Frank on the the bench with a cozy set of knee pads, and start Joe Cole on the left and Aaron Lennon on the right.

They might concede a goal or two, but then again, they might score a few, too.

Guest Dirty Protest

As far as I can see theyre not playing with wingers. Slovenia shrink the midfield and England have went like for like. Probably a better way to counter that is to play wide, but SWP and Lennon havent been good enough, so that wasnt an option. Milners there to allow the wing backs protection to exploit the wing. Its quite an attacking formation.

damnit tvcatchup and bbcsport must have too much traffic for this game.

any other reliable online tv sites worth trying?

you'll probably get a 'you can't watch this in your part of the world blah', but try this one:

http://nos.nl/wk2010/live/index/

then maybe you have to click the orange bar with 'kanaal 1 slovenie - engeland' text in it on the right side of the screen to open the stream.

+ defoe for the win!

legend!

Archived