IGNORED

New Mortal Kombat game

Tessier Ashpool

Check it - though that clip the other day was of a pitch for a grittier, albeit wtf why does Baraka have an ass on his forehead, movie, here's the trailer for the actual new game.

Kotaku article

[youtubehd]PdNUGS-kqSk[/youtubehd]

The Kotaku link has a slightly better quality of this trailer.

Looks like a welcome return to form - 2d, jugglies, effing brutal, nasty, bloody, gory ish. Fuck yeah.

i don't get it. how is that 2D?

It's 2.5D, where 3D rendered characters and environments work on a pseudo 2D plane. I think it looks fantastic and what the series has needed for years.

Another example of this is Street Fighter IV - totally 3D, but operating on a 2D plane, and dramatic 3D camera angles for the brutal stuff.

And here's the higher quality version

i don't get it. how is that 2D?

It's 2.5D, where 3D rendered characters and environments work on a pseudo 2D plane.

but the camera moves.

only in the dramactic bits - if you watch carefully, there are straight-on scenes that are probably the bits where you have full control, versus the rest.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

meh, looks really disappointing to me, they said the graphics were gonna look as good as gears of war when they were talking about beginning development a few years ago. Looks pretty fucking no class, minimal love to the details mediocre to me.

I mean it is 2.5d, its not some large scale huge maps dozens of characters on screen scenario, with the expectations and needs to finally put this franchise back into swing this trailer should not be so unimpressive at all for fucks sake

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

and yeh I don't mean oh my god there needs to be more polygon's I mean the character models don't look that wicked, the animations don't seem any more fluid then the last mediocre MK's, the trailer music is really fucking lame cheesy, it completely lacks the darkness and evil coolness that one would hope for

I don't know, I think it looks pretty ace - it's the direction I wish they would have gone in for the last one, rather than making it a goofy crossover bit. . . I actually never play MK vs DC Universe, as the only cool thing I saw was the Joker's fatality that was later supposedly removed for being too violent. Will see if I can find that for a lark.

ok, yeah, think this was cut from the U.S. version -

[youtubehd]P7jkdsglfaU&feature=related[/youtubehd]

Keep in mind this won't be out until 2011 - imagine it will look better by then - one wonders if the hype over that mock-up trailer the other day didn't prompt them to put something together for the game in progress.

And, spinning razor hat through the balls is pretty damn brutal. . . just sayin.

Guest PWSTEAL

I think Soul Caliber 4 is the best fighting game so far on this generation.

For this game to be good, it needs to be extremely brutal, alot of blood, guts, organs, skull smashing, etc

It should have a in-depth character customization too, like Soul Caliber 4 does,

nothing is better than kicking ass with your own custom made character.

It should have alot of unlockable levels, sick finishers, and awesome graphics.

Guest iamabe

and yeh I don't mean oh my god there needs to be more polygon's I mean the character models don't look that wicked, the animations don't seem any more fluid then the last mediocre MK's, the trailer music is really fucking lame cheesy, it completely lacks the darkness and evil coolness that one would hope for

I agree. MK has gotten super mediocre and tame. Why was subzero's fatality so lame? OMG ice spear through chest how brutal

Razor hat through balls does look cool but I'm sure they'll find a way to make it bland. perhaps I am just desensitized though.

Guest Gary C

For this game to be good, it needs to be extremely brutal, alot of blood, guts, organs, skull smashing, etc

It should have a in-depth character customization too, like Soul Caliber 4 does,

QFT

Guest Sir Winston

It looks like it is copying combos like SSFIV and I dont remember MK being about that shit, if it pulls it off could be good. But I very much doubt it.

still won't beat the sensation the first few mk's brought. nothin was better than comin home from adventure club in 3rd grade and ripping up skulls :wtf:

Guest Calx Sherbet

soul caliber is my favorite fighting series so far! and the character customization was the best part, fighting games should ALWAYS have that

Guest bitroast

i honestly have no idea how a mortal kombat game this day and age could be worth playing. maybe fun for a day or so but seriously.. really?..

Archived