IGNORED

Portal 2

Guest ruiagnelo

Guest snowpepsi

well from what i read around E3, Microsoft's system is too "closed" to allow for co-operative play across platforms. i'm pretty sure i read that Valve explicitly stated that the cross platform interoperability would only be between PC, Macintosh and PS3.

Yes, most probably you are right. Anyway it's going to be very good as it will connect thousands of players thus increasing the number of lobbies to play co-op-«.

oh totally, i think it's a very cool thing - i think it's the first time that players on a console and the PC/Mac have been able to play in the same way. could be wrong though, but i've never heard of it before.

exciting times for gamers

Final Fantasy XI was cross platform between PS2, Xbox 360 and PC :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well from what i read around E3, Microsoft's system is too "closed" to allow for co-operative play across platforms. i'm pretty sure i read that Valve explicitly stated that the cross platform interoperability would only be between PC, Macintosh and PS3.

Yes, most probably you are right. Anyway it's going to be very good as it will connect thousands of players thus increasing the number of lobbies to play co-op-«.

oh totally, i think it's a very cool thing - i think it's the first time that players on a console and the PC/Mac have been able to play in the same way. could be wrong though, but i've never heard of it before.

exciting times for gamers

Final Fantasy XI was cross platform between PS2, Xbox 360 and PC :)

cross platform in the sense that you can do the multiplayer across all platforms?

also, valve is trying their darndest to get cross platform going on pc, mac, 360 and ps3. the reason theyre saying the ps3 is going to have the best console experience is because sony allows them to put steamworks on there, which lets them get updates out at the same time the PC version gets them, rather than taking 6 months.

I havent played the first one, but I've read a bit about this one and looking at the screenshots and such, it looks pretty awesome and seems to be genuinely fun to play. I will most likely pick this up for the mac or ps3.

I havent played the first one, but I've read a bit about this one and looking at the screenshots and such, it looks pretty awesome and seems to be genuinely fun to play. I will most likely pick this up for the mac or ps3.

Buy it for your Mac, because the Orange Box is a lack fest on the PS3.

Guest ruiagnelo

Buy it for your Mac, because the Orange Box is a lack fest on the PS3.

i have to agree it this.

steam is a lovely platform on both pc/mac and gives the best gaming experience imo.

Archived