IGNORED

nine inch nails' halo number system

Guest tht tne

Guest tht tne

does the fact that the halos are readily collectible have anything to do with your enthusiasm for nine inch nails? i have to admit that it does, for me

Guest tht tne

It's essentially just a catalog number, so I don't see the big deal in trying to collect every single thing unless I was a fanatic.

probably the coolestly-named catalog numbers ever, though

Guest Greg Reason

I used to care about having every Halo but then he released that bloody awful Beside You in Time live DVD... That was so fucking appalling that it immediately stopped me from caring about owning them all. Also the Every Day is Exactly the Same release is a waste of money as b) it's on CD only and b) if you bought the prior two singles you have everything on it anyway except the slightly different EDIETS which are pointless anyway

I just wish he'd do a vinyl of Further Down the Spiral, preferably a double LP with all the content from both versions. Some golden shit on those. If I had piles of money there's a bootleg vinyl I'd be making, you'd make a killing on that

I used to care about having every Halo but then he released that bloody awful Beside You in Time live DVD... That was so fucking appalling that it immediately stopped me from caring about owning them all. Also the Every Day is Exactly the Same release is a waste of money as b) it's on CD only and b) if you bought the prior two singles you have everything on it anyway except the slightly different EDIETS which are pointless anyway

I just wish he'd do a vinyl of Further Down the Spiral, preferably a double LP with all the content from both versions. Some golden shit on those. If I had piles of money there's a bootleg vinyl I'd be making, you'd make a killing on that

i remember the days when the singles / EPs actually had some decent content on there, like tracks you couldn't get anywhere else. I think those days ended after the We're In This Together singles (and even then, those were a bit of a cash grab...3 versions of the same single, each generally with just one exclusive track).

the only thing i'm desperate to get hold of is the imminent deluxe reissue of The Fragile on vinyl.

Guest Greg Reason

i remember the days when the singles / EPs actually had some decent content on there, like tracks you couldn't get anywhere else. I think those days ended after the We're In This Together singles (and even then, those were a bit of a cash grab...3 versions of the same single, each generally with just one exclusive track).

the only thing i'm desperate to get hold of is the imminent deluxe reissue of The Fragile on vinyl.

Yeah those WiTT singles were borderline, they would have been better served to be set at a lower price-point but the exclusives were very cool. Pretty funny though that they ended up putting Ten Miles High on Things Falling Apart (they called it the Ten Miles High (Version) but the truth is that they are the same track - the Hilldebrant remix of the original unreleased Ten Miles High).

Also the Australia only Into the Void single (incorrectly assigned a Halo number on promo copies) ended up with The New Flesh and the extended Perfect Drug. So really the only two tracks on them that you couldn't source elsewhere were the Porter Ricks mix of TDTWWA (which is alright but nothing to stress over) and Danny Lohner's Complications of the Flesh, which is quite wicked really. Oh and the radio edit of WiTT which is pointless.

But yes, that deluxe edition of The Fragile could be the most amazing shit ever............. if TR lets it be that. He may skimp on the unreleased material and just throw on remastered remixes, which would make me (and the grand majority of the NIN fanbase) INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTED seeing as he has literally hundreds of pieces of unreleased music sitting in the vault.

Alan Moulder commented that almost everything that was deemed finished made the cut and everything else was unfinished so I guess it comes down to how lazy/active TR is feeling as to how much he preps for release and adds to the set. There was some utterly mindblowing stuff from The Fragile sessions that ended up on Saul William's TRaILoNT album so it's obvious that there is stuff sitting there unused that is of equal quality to released tracks, but it was just a case of them turning their attention in other directions and then running out of time when the due date was looming.

Guest Greg Reason

Maybe there will be an record disc full of Starfuckers, Inc. remixes

Yeah that'd be great..... cause we've all been waiting for another thirty of those......... :emotawesomepm9:

Archived