IGNORED

Urban Tribe - Loyal Opposition

Redruth

Urban Tribe - Loyal Opposition

115198698_300.jpg

After a stream of so-so club records, Planet E do what they do best and pull up some of that real Detroit stuff!! Urban Tribe aka Sherard

Ingram is here joined by longtime project collaborators KDJ (Moodymann), Shake and Carl Craig and their work together has in the past made

for some of the best to emerge from the 313 postcode. Oh, and Ingram's own DJ sets as Stingray are nothing short of legendary. Thankfully

he's not really compromised his style one bit for Planet E, laying down down four aqua-jacking currents designed for strong swimmers and

real techno aficionados. With the exception of the slow synthy treasure 'Insolitology' Ingram works at his usual uptempo flex on the hydraulic

pump of 'Micro Manager', the serrated bittersweet jack of 'Apathy' and the innate electro-soul drive of 'Synchophant' to give you those

rarified motor city feelings. Special stuff!

Urban Tribe

Boomkat

Guest Stoppit

the last time shake, C2, stingray & moodyman worked together they gave us a true masterpiece (album on mo'wax).

Which record is that?

That would be The Collapse Of Modern Culture, which is awesome, but quite different from any other Urban Tribe/Stingray release

the last time shake, C2, stingray & moodyman worked together they gave us a true masterpiece (album on mo'wax).

Which record is that?

That would be The Collapse Of Modern Culture, which is awesome, but quite different from any other Urban Tribe/Stingray release

Thanks, will check it out.

Which record is that?

hate to be redundant but yeah the collapse of modern culture is probably the most generically 'detroit' sounding release by Urban Tribe (also about half the BPM, which takes some getting used to). i prefer the more drexciya flavored stuff which is when he's by himself.

His last Dj Stingray album was phenomenal, i hope he does another soon

just got my ears on a copy of the collapse of modern culture and crapping shit it's good - how did i go all these years listening to urban tribe without digging for this :wacko:

yeah its a killer album, i think i've read that one of the reason its not that known is that it was released at the same time of the first Unkle album (by label owner james lavelle) & after that, the label went downhill, so poor promo/press. everyone missed it.

i really like the latest track on that new EP.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived