IGNORED

new Bola remix is online

Guest Greg Reason

Guest Greg Reason

My band used to be called Purity Device, we had some issues and had to change our name

So now we're called Ektoise. But we are still releasing our remix record that we told you about and have posted the Bola and Black Dog remixes on our myspace

This is the first thing Bola has done in over three years! Enjoy :smile:

Guest Greg Reason

Props (again, I think I posted that before but what the hell) for getting Bola and TBD on board. And your new name is much better.

Cheers! Glad you like :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sirch

i feel so sorry for all the people tBd are asking to remix, and vice-versa!!

but i do like Bola, tho.. :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Greg Reason

OK we've put the album up for sale a week early at http://ektoise.bandcamp.com/. The downloads are available immediately but the CD will ship from the 27th of this month. Anyone who grabs a CD will get the download straight away though. It's available in 24bit FLAC right down to the horrible lossy formats Bandcamp insist we make it available in even though we would prefer to not even make those an option.

The limited Bola/Black Dog 7" vinyl is available for pre-order now as well, it will ship from September 14th.

You shall indeed be in the first 27, it only went online mere minutes ago. You got number 2!

Story of my life, always 2nd best. LOL just kidding, good luck with the album dudes. Gonna grab the FLAC's with my next paycheck :flower:

Eh don't worry bout Chris, he's just obsessed with the 90s. To each their very own

How rude. lol

i'm more obsessed with the 80's than i am the 90's, Greg Reason, in actual fact. and maybe some of the naughties, too..

the 90's were great, yeah, but the 80's were better, imo.

and you have my name wrong. it's Sirch. as in a very lazy IDM type way to spell search, in actual fact.

but a name is unimportant here and completely meaningless anyway. so call me dave, sid, grant, jim, bobby davros even, if you like. :)

i like your name though, because you have the same surname as the software i use. Reason 4. and the Mighty THOR!!

anyway, (to get back onto your topic) nice release.. and very cool that you got Bola to remix for you.

especially seeing as he hadn't done nowt for a while. so you kinda brought him out of hiding i guess? which is very good.

been a fan of Bolas' stuff since the late 90's, since i heard "Soup". classic. i do like my classics.

so nice one. i'm interested to have a listen of this.

and btw i didn't really mean to shit in your thread like that, so much. :) i'm being controlled by external mystical forces!

appy-polly-loggies. :)

i will checck this out right away. thankyou.

Guest Greg Reason

haha I've never used Reason; I use Logic Audio 5.5.1 on PC in the studio and Ableton Live 8 live.

Looking at the plays counter in Bandcamp I've noticed more plays for the edits than the full tracks. If you want to listen to the Bola remix you should check the full-length version on Remix/Reform, it's a minute and a half longer than the 7" edit and has way more of the beat section

Archived