IGNORED

quitting smoking

Guest disparaissant

Man, this 1973 Stag's Leap Cabernet Sauvignon tastes like shit; it's a good thing it lets me get mah roll on with minimal expense.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AcrossCanyons

I was talking about cigarettes and alcohol. Mainly cigarettes. They aren't beneficial to your body/mind/spirit.

I disagree. Occasionally I like to sit down and have a nice, deep think with a cigarette. Somehow it helps me think. I'd say they can be beneficial in ways. Just because there aren't health benefits doesn't mean they don't have any.

When I was working on my two diplomas I used cigarettes to calm down and focus. I believe that without smoking it would have been a 5o% harder task for me.

Guest Adjective

:nelson:

Mr. Rambo is right, I haven't smoked since reading the topic, in an attempt to one-up you.

i forgot and smoked, gg

]First, I'm 18. You could have just looked at my profile.

Second, I was not being 1000% serious in my post. It is just that I don't see the point in doing that shit. Just because I don't want to smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol makes me sound 12? What? Does that mean smoking and drinking is mature? :sorcerer:

Really it was just the "hang off your bed and look at your room upsidedown if you want to feel weird!" that got me, and i found a lot of your sentiments echoed in the mentalities of my 14 year old self before i had any experience on the matter. Part of maturing is experimenting and exploring, part of being mature is doing it responsibly.

Second, I was not being 1000% serious in my post. It is just that I don't see the point in doing that shit. Just because I don't want to smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol makes me sound 12? What? Does that mean smoking and drinking is mature? :sorcerer:

Really it was just the "hang off your bed and look at your room upsidedown if you want to feel weird!" that got me, and i found a lot of your sentiments echoed in the mentalities of my 14 year old self before i had any experience on the matter. Part of maturing is experimenting and exploring, part of being mature is doing it responsibly.

That part was me being a goofus. :trashbear:

I don't think me experiencing drinking/being drunk would make me "more mature". And I really don't think smoking cigarettes would be a maturing experience.

I'm not exactly making wild assumptions about smoking. Sure, smoking could make me calm and put my mind in a different spectrum of thinking (or whatever reasons people have for smoking), but so could many many other things. And the negatives will always cancel out the positives, for me at least.

I don't have any desire or need for what smoking could do for me.

I wouldn't say smoking makes you mature, more that being mature (sometimes) makes you want to drink and/or smoke.

For various reasons.

Guest Calx Sherbet

That part was me being a goofus. :trashbear:

I don't think me experiencing drinking/being drunk would make me "more mature". And I really don't think smoking cigarettes would be a maturing experience.

I'm not exactly making wild assumptions about smoking. Sure, smoking could make me calm and put my mind in a different spectrum of thinking (or whatever reasons people have for smoking), but so could many many other things. And the negatives will always cancel out the positives, for me at least.

I don't have any desire or need for what smoking could do for me.

i find it disturbing how eager 14 year old kids are to get hammered for the first time

Guest disparaissant

today sucked, i was absolutely desperately craving a smoke for like 2 hours straight then i was watching that dustin hoffman movie outbreak and i couldn't stop crying for no real reason (well i guess there was a sad part with his wife or something but it's not a very good movie so it SHOULDNT have made me cry) so i just went to sleep. i slept from like 4 PM until now, 10 PM. now im awake and starving but i don't even want to eat because i think that's what set me off on wanting a cig for 2 hours straight.

this is brutal.

luckily, my aversion to listening to someone with a scottish accent talk about world of warcraft nonstop is still higher than my desire for nicotine. that says quite a bit, eh?

Guest analogue wings

if you're a Donald Sutherland fan, I fully understand you crying while watching Outbreak

Guest disparaissant

i like pretty much everyone in that movie - morgan freeman, donald sutherland, cuba gooding jr, kevin spacey, dustin hoffman... but good god is it just kind of plodding and boring and slow and not too well thought out.

I wouldn't say smoking makes you mature, more that being mature (sometimes) makes you want to drink and/or smoke.

For various reasons.

Eeehhh. Not really. It's more that people want to drink and smoke to be more mature. :/

Guest cuntainer

For various reasons.

Eeehhh. Not really. It's more that people want to drink and smoke to be more mature. :/

this is what i meant when i said you were saying that people only do drugs for 1 or 2 reasons.

there are many many different reasons.

Guest analogue wings

i like pretty much everyone in that movie - morgan freeman, donald sutherland, cuba gooding jr, kevin spacey, dustin hoffman... but good god is it just kind of plodding and boring and slow and not too well thought out.

lots of great talent wasted in that film. also cuba gooding.

For various reasons.

this is what i meant when i said you were saying that people only do drugs for 1 or 2 reasons.

I was giving one reason. He said a reason that people smoke and drink is because they are mature, I was saying that that reason isn't that true. I was saying that the opposite would probably be more common. I know people do "drugs" for many reasons, sheesh.

Guest cuntainer

For various reasons.

I was giving one reason. He said a reason that people smoke and drink is because they are mature, I was saying that that reason isn't that true. I was saying that the opposite would probably be more common. I know people do "drugs" for many reasons, sheesh.

ok. i probably assumed things about you that were completely wrong, it's just that when ever i hear people saying things similar to what you've been saying, they just have no idea at all.

and i appreciate your responses not being all, fuck you man blah blah blah.

by the way, i dont smoke and rarely drink, i just get really pissed of when people have "absolute" views on these kind of things, when they dont know shit, which i'm not saying applies to you.

if i heard someone say in real life "just say no" i might have to punch them in the face.

ok. i probably assumed things about you that were completely wrong, it's just that when ever i hear people saying things similar to what you've been saying, they just have no idea at all.

by the way, i dont smoke and rarely drink, i just get really pissed of when people have "absolute" views on these kind of things, when they dont know shit, which i'm not saying applies to you.

if i heard someone say in real life "just say no" i might have to punch them in the face.

fuck you man blah blah blah.

Guest cuntainer

fuck you man blah blah blah.

you cunt!

i just really appreciate that people can actually have discussions here, unlike other forums i've been to. it's refreshing.

PROTIP: one can successfully quit smoking if one gets a monkey addicted to cigarettes and then makes an anti-serum out of its cute little antibodies. SCIENCE!

[stay strong!]

Guest disparaissant

i watched that movie today too and i didn't smoke, pussy

i didn't smoke either, ya dick. i just sobbed quietly into a plush captain kirk doll. there's a difference.

Archived