IGNORED

Demdike Stare - Liberation Through Hearing

Guest fox

OK, I did it anyway. Not even up to track three and I need to take the time to say how well this has started. Reminds me a little of 'The Tower' by Mordant Music, sinister, creepy and definitely, dare I say it, very much in keeping with the big 'H'. OK, I'm heading back to it now. Your turn, fox.

dare I say it, very much in keeping with the big 'H'.

yeah, this could be on ghostbox. i love symbiosis, but this plus forest of evil = a really, really, nice direction for them.

Your turn, fox.

just now getting to Matilda's Dream on first listen (and I was reading The Human Chord - how appropriate?) i think this is their best stuff. very h-word (or, as we refer to a certain anti-psychotic in the mental health world, "vitamin h"). i can't put my finger on exactly what about this i like better than symbiosis, but it's damn good. more cohesive, maybe?

what is it with miles whittaker that he meets up with guys with big record collections and make records that don't necessarily sound like they're made up of samples? this stuff sounds very organic, if not entirely natural, like running into something in the dark you didn't expect to be there: it always was, just not as you'd supposed it to be.

i asked jim if gbx are aware of these guys, but i have no doubt they are...

i'd love to see them show up on the studies series. (hint, hint)

i asked jim if gbx are aware of these guys, but i have no doubt they are...

i'd love to see them show up on the studies series. (hint, hint)

gbx are big fans, i'm told. i was also chastised for using the 'H' word, lol.

Archived