IGNORED

Beijing's 62-Mile, Nine-Day Traffic Jam!

Guest Fishtank

Guest Fishtank

:fail:

You may not have heard about it during your local traffic report this weekend, but anyone negotiating the Beijing-Tibet expressway in recent days is painfully aware of the problem: a 62-mile jam that slowed traffic to a crawl between the Chinese capital and Jining city. But while such huge traffic jams aren't unheard of, China’s traffic woes are unique in their duration – the current traffic snarl (it’s still ongoing) has been unfolding since August 14, making for nine days of gridlock.

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-08/62-mile-nine-day-traffic-jam-spells-disaster-communter-promise-chinas-auto-industry

I was just about to ask about this -- do the people have to stay in their cars for a week? What do they eat? Where do they shit? If not, where do they go, and how do they know when & how to get back to their cars? I would probably have killed at least two people by now.

Guest ruiagnelo

I was just about to ask about this -- do the people have to stay in their cars for a week? What do they eat? Where do they shit? If not, where do they go, and how do they know when & how to get back to their cars? I would probably have killed at least two people by now.

it's china... they simple stay there waiting and there is no exception.

michaeldouglas.jpg

Guest nene multiple assgasms
When the day is long and the night, the night is yours alone,

When you're sure you've had enough of this life, well hang on

Don't let yourself go, 'cause everybody cries and everybody hurts sometimes

i wonder if you get communities of people stuck in traffic together for long stretches, fellows who would go run out and get food while their new friends move their cars for them. Grillin squid on the radiator and playing cards with that charming family from the compact sedan 2 miles down. Yep, hiiigh livin.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

i wonder if you get communities of people stuck in traffic together for long stretches, fellows who would go run out and get food while their new friends move their cars for them. Grillin squid on the radiator and playing cards with that charming family from the compact sedan 2 miles down. Yep, hiiigh livin.

hhahahaha that's how I imagine it

I was just stuck in a 4 hour traffic jam coming back from Pudong Airport to downtown Shanghai, in the baking heat. I almost went postal. The cars were practically motionless for 20 minute stretches, as in I could actually get out, walk 20 yards ahead, and wait 20 min for my taxi to catch up.

One of the problems is they have no traffic helicopters here, so you have no idea what you're getting into. Also most of the highways have too few lanes.

I was just stuck in a 4 hour traffic jam coming back from Pudong Airport to downtown Shanghai, in the baking heat. I almost went postal. The cars were practically motionless for 20 minute stretches, as in I could actually get out, walk 20 yards ahead, and wait 20 min for my taxi to catch up.

One of the problems is they have no traffic helicopters here, so you have no idea what you're getting into. Also most of the highways have too few lanes.

that sucks goat balls!

also, your signature is longer than your post.

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

I have never been to Beijing.

However in Zhuhai the taxi drivers seem to only know 2 settings: 100% fucking throttle or slam on the breaks. The cars you call are fine, but those little green toyotas driving around are terrifying.

Guest ruiagnelo

less babies -> less drivers licenses -> less traffic.

Babies can't drive dummy.

oh you are so missing the point

Archived