IGNORED

Katie Kilobyte - Zoao

Brandi_B

http://soundcloud.com/katiekilobyte/katie-kilobyte-zoao

So I don't post in here, but I don't really see myself ever doing anything with this track. So thought why waste it.

I just recently acquired the new Audio Damage plug in "Axon". It is a very cool, almost random, but nicely controlled rhythm generator with a nice FM source per part and intertwining "operators" that can feed into each other, audio and clock. It's quite nifty. This track is about 5 instances of Axon, 1 instance of AD Tattoo, 2 instances of AD Ronin, and AD Eos.

I highly recommend every plug in they make, and they are all nicely priced. (I have no affiliation, just love their plugs).

I know that there's a bit too much mid range in one of the main rhythmy things, but one downside is that Axon doesn't have individual outs per voice (something I've requested for further updates) and putting a severely notched eq on it messed up the other sounds coming out of it so i just left it as is.

I'm currently working on 3 separate albums, one of which will be all ambient, and will likely be the first released. So if you enjoy this track, keep an eye out for an ambient album from me this fall or winter. This track may end up on there, but I dunno, I'd have to add a lot to it.

More info on Audio Damage stuff:

Axon: http://www.audiodamage.com/instruments/product.php?pid=AD026

Tattoo: http://www.audiodamage.com/instruments/product.php?pid=AD024

Ronin: http://www.audiodamage.com/effects/product.php?pid=AD005

Eos: http://www.audiodamage.com/effects/product.php?pid=AD023

Thx for the comments folks.

tht tne - I understand what you are saying and that's sort of what I meant with "i'd have to add a lot" as it's a quite simple little track, and I usually don't enjoy simple that much. I'm not sure it would exactly be the beat too much though since I myself am a fan of so many genres, and especially psy trance and trance, I've learned that sometimes having a hypnotic simple beat can make the rest of the song very powerful, provided it all goes together well, and that's what I'm trying to accomplish tackling a full on ambient album.

It's been a struggle (making ambient songs) b/c I just run out of patience with long drawn out tracks that are more "atmosphere" than, i don't know the word but i'll say "substance". I hope to have it out by the end of the year though, and then my more normal upbeat album sometime next year. The 3rd album is an ongoing thing I've been working on for a while and is pretty irrelevant to WATMM, and i'd say 95% of the people on here would have no interest in the type of music, delivery, and especially the vocals =D

Slick. :D

I looked into Audio Damage after talking about some of their stuff with you. They all pretty much rule. When I've got some cash to spare I'll probably snag a plugin or two.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

love the futuristic atmospheres that get fully introduced towards the middle. the automated panning is well done. definitely a well made track. I don't really listen to much melodic minimalism like this but I can attest for what it is, tis be about perfect.

nice work katie b

Why thank u. I am honored =D

Slick. :D

I looked into Audio Damage after talking about some of their stuff with you. They all pretty much rule. When I've got some cash to spare I'll probably snag a plugin or two.

Yeah AD stuff is quality and they all have awesome easy to use interfaces, a nice bonus. I highly recommend anyone into bucket brigade style delays with a vcs 3 like mod matrix to get ronin.

love the futuristic atmospheres that get fully introduced towards the middle. the automated panning is well done. definitely a well made track. I don't really listen to much melodic minimalism like this but I can attest for what it is, tis be about perfect.

Thx. Yeah a friend of mine has helped me appreciate minimalism over the years, but I still get kind of worn out or bored with it, but i'm pushing through trying to get an albums worth of tracks. It's been a good test of my discipline (which is usually nil).

love the futuristic atmospheres that get fully introduced towards the middle.

"futuristic atmospheres" - I like that. It's something I try to make a common thread in all my music. Even though I go out of my way to make "vintage" synth sounds with modern gear.

Archived