IGNORED

mescaline via san pedro

Guest cuntainer

Guest pulsewarrior

i added chilli flakes, lemon juice and a bunch of spices called "middle eastern spices", this wont destroy the active ingredient will it?

and yeah i have done extensive research on good/bad trips and tripping in general as well as correct preparation and all, i am confident i will have a good experience, but i am prepared for a bad one.

thanks all.

but unfortunately there's no woods near by, just doing it at a mates, and there'll be at least one other mate who wont be taking it.

we're planning on just listening to selected music and videos and shit.

you have to understand that research doesn't mean shit and there is no such thing as being "prepared" with a potent hallucinogenic drug. you should start off with something lighter man - mushrooms, low doses of acid. mescaline isn't the answer for a first timer.

but who knows. it could be a blast, super great. that's the problem.

oh and don't stay indoors. great way to utterly piss away a trip :trashbear:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cuntainer

i added chilli flakes, lemon juice and a bunch of spices called "middle eastern spices", this wont destroy the active ingredient will it?

and yeah i have done extensive research on good/bad trips and tripping in general as well as correct preparation and all, i am confident i will have a good experience, but i am prepared for a bad one.

thanks all.

but unfortunately there's no woods near by, just doing it at a mates, and there'll be at least one other mate who wont be taking it.

you have to understand that research doesn't mean shit and there is no such thing as being "prepared" with a potent hallucinogenic drug. you should start off with something lighter man - mushrooms, low doses of acid. mescaline isn't the answer for a first timer.

i am well aware that the only true preparation is the experience itself, but i've still done research, i believe it helps, set and setting and all that, like knowing that you shouldn't do something like lsd or mescaline or shrooms after coming down from a coke binge or something, it does help to know that shit, do you agree?

i have had mind blowing experiences from weed so i think that too is preparation, one time i took mushrooms but the dose was too low to feel any effects other then minimal lighting effects, very minimal.

i will let you know how it goes though, but i am in an extremely positive mind set, well rested, healthy, i will be in a comfortable environment with close friends, this has to count for something no?

that sounds like a great mind state for some cactus juice. also, @essines, the mescaline in san pedro is a bit challenging to gauge dose-wise as it's not uniformly distributed in each cactus, but aside from that it never struck me as a "harder" trip than mushrooms/lsd (diff drug class though, phenethylamine derivatives as opposed to tryptamines, and honestly i think the phens are easier on the mind [that's the family that MDxx also falls under] /drug nerd)

:braindance:

you seem to have good intent, but the way your preparing it sounds kind of shady. you won't get the full effects, which is probably for the best anyways, because a full on mescaline trip would send you for a ride like you never had before. you prob won't ever be able to have a real experience with peyote, unless you can do it in nature, from the source, with the native peoples who have a history with it.

i wish you a good trip though, report back with findings...

Guest cuntainer

just had a little taste test, added a fair amount of honey, tastes pretty dirty, but it's worth it.

i was thinking of going to the city for a while, they have a really amazing park in the city, some really old amazing trees, beautiful.

and one day i do wanna go to arizona or something and have a proper peyote trip. maybe one day...

thanks everyone, you guys are great.

Guest pulsewarrior

thanks all.

i am well aware that the only true preparation is the experience itself, but i've still done research, i believe it helps, set and setting and all that, like knowing that you shouldn't do something like lsd or mescaline or shrooms after coming down from a coke binge or something, it does help to know that shit, do you agree?

i have had mind blowing experiences from weed so i think that too is preparation, one time i took mushrooms but the dose was too low to feel any effects other then minimal lighting effects, very minimal.

i will let you know how it goes though, but i am in an extremely positive mind set, well rested, healthy, i will be in a comfortable environment with close friends, this has to count for something no?

positivity is good, but can be pretty irrelevant when you start getting out there, your conscious, reasoned, waking life and identity can really be totally destroyed and lost in a matter of an hour. i agree that it's a good thing to arm yourself with information, but my point of view is that you're basically going to be exploring uncharted territory if the drug is really potent. and in that can lie alot of surprise which is impossible to prepare for. weed shouldn't be compared to, it's child's play in the scheme of psychedelics. just devil's advocate you know.

i always felt that the most important thing for someone to have when tripping is a really solid state of security, that is to say you should be very comfortable with yourself and not have self-esteem or self-image problems. additionally you shouldn't be in any state of strife or internal disharmony, because these things can often contextualize a trip. you have the potential to erode much the protection that your brain sets up (ego, pride, etc.), and when it dissapears, you could be staring into alot of negativity. i think this is what most bummers are made of. i had alot of shit mushroom trips because my ego would just utterly dissolve and i would turn inward and find much that was bad without being able to circumvent or automatically repress it. hellish introspective nightmares about my place in the world, not understanding myself or what i was at all, feeling very very strange and alienated in my own mind. in this context, you lose all of your ability to be a spectator upon these vivid distortions of the senses that can be so rewarding in a positively aligned trip.

i'm sure people who have experience with this drug can counteract alot of what i say though, these are just generalized opinions about psychedelics, admittedly i don't have much experience with mescaline (but alot with acid and mushrooms and certain synthetics).

anyway be safe.

Guest maantecaaa!!!

You guys are just going to watch videos and listen to music? Sounds like a crazy boring time(sorry). I find that when you're tripping you really don't need 'trippy' music and watching videos would be redundant(you should already be seeing visuals). Listen to nice, feel good(maybe acoustic)music. I'm convinced of this after listening to FSOL's Dead Cities album while tripping. It's great when you're sober(or high), but when you're tripping it's very alienating.

With that said, i've been intrigued by san pedro the past couple of months. It's fairly easy to get online right?

yeah it is, though a certain idiotic gremlin woman named NeuroSoup has been bringing it to the fucking attention of millions of people on youtube (what's the average age of their userbase again?) with her "informative" videos- recited information from erowid.org that she later asks people to pay for on her website. if you want to me to carry on about neurosoup and how much she sucks for the world of grey-zone psychotropics, i'd be happy to refer you all to some documents concerning her snitchy habits and involvement in the pickard LSD busts in the 1990s. that beech oughta be stopped.

also, bouncingbear, an online "entheogen" shop - who sponsor neurosoup - recently (this past spring) got cracked down on by the feds and completely raided, having all their san pedro stolen from the govt, their owner thrown in jail, etc. watch out who you order from (i suggest you don't use bouncingbear). i heard their cactus was occasionally rotten at any rate. and they were mailing live "active" toads. :facepalm:

oh and how long does it take to kick in? 1 to 2 hours?

it takes a really long time. 3+ hrs for me. when you finally give up hope that anything is going to happen, you're probably about to head off. =]

Guest cuntainer

yeah it is, though a certain idiotic gremlin woman named NeuroSoup has been bringing it to the fucking attention of millions of people on youtube (what's the average age of their userbase again?) with her "informative" videos- recited information from erowid.org that she later asks people to pay for on her website. if you want to me to carry on about neurosoup and how much she sucks for the world of grey-zone psychotropics, i'd be happy to refer you all to some documents concerning her snitchy habits and involvement in the pickard LSD busts in the 1990s. that beech oughta be stopped.

also, bouncingbear, an online "entheogen" shop - who sponsor neurosoup - recently (this past spring) got cracked down on by the feds and completely raided, having all their san pedro stolen from the govt, their owner thrown in jail, etc. watch out who you order from (i suggest you don't use bouncingbear). i heard their cactus was occasionally rotten at any rate. and they were mailing live "active" toads. :facepalm:

oh and how long does it take to kick in? 1 to 2 hours?

it takes a really long time. 3+ hrs for me. when you finally give up hope that anything is going to happen, you're probably about to head off. =]

thanks for the heads up.

Guest cuntainer

oh god, this tastes awful, i'm gagging on every mouthful, trying to swallow it whole.

it'd be sick to be able to turn off your taste buds like you can close your eyes

no problem.

@vamos: yeah she's pretty bad news. she even wrote a book about her "insider" days in the drug trade, and wrote a bunch of fake glowing reviews for it on amazon (her name is Krystal Cole if you want to check up on it), and all the real reviews just talk about what a terrible writer she is, how she's self-serving, the book doesn't explain anything (and rightly so as at the time the book was set, she was involved in drugging a guy and leaving him for dead among other heinous BS).

ugh

drugs

good times

oh god, this tastes awful, i'm gagging on every mouthful, trying to swallow it whole.

it'd be sick to be able to turn off your taste buds like you can close your eyes

haha yeah that stuff tastes even worse than you'd expect

have fun, & put some lemon juice in your mouth if you really need to clear the palette

and don't let my ramblings about crummy people get you down.

Guest cuntainer

no problem.

@vamos: yeah she's pretty bad news. she even wrote a book about her "insider" days in the drug trade, and wrote a bunch of fake glowing reviews for it on amazon (her name is Krystal Cole if you want to check up on it), and all the real reviews just talk about what a terrible writer she is, how she's self-serving, the book doesn't explain anything (and rightly so as at the time the book was set, she was involved in drugging a guy and leaving him for dead among other heinous BS).

ugh

drugs

good times

haha yeah that stuff tastes even worse than you'd expect

have fun, & put some lemon juice in your mouth if you really need to clear the palette

and don't let my ramblings about crummy people get you down.

how much do i have to consume? i cut up like, maybe a bit under a kilo.

thanks for the lemon juice tip, it's helping, but yeah, worse then you'd expect.

It's hard to say how much you'd want to consume, it depends how far down you boiled it. I dunno. generally a 1-2ft cutting made into sludge is about a dose, iirc.

ps - you can do it, i have the faith in you.

lol, well.. I meant how much water evaporated. Kinda like how you can put a teabag in some water and just heat it up or boil it down to nothing, you know.

anyway happy trails sir, I'm out for the night

Guest cuntainer

i kept adding boiling water when it boiled down to nothing, was this a bad idea?

and thanks a lot, i believe i can do it too, but it's gonna take a while.

Guest Scrambled Ears

i dont think weed is nothing in the scheme of psychadelics i can have mind bending visions and incredible connections on something like lsd but then i smoke weed and everything is splintered and amplified...ntm if youve ever had proper brownies or cakes man they will send you sky high...i had a friend who didnt talk for 7 hours when we did em. im not really a fan of it and im sure its because most people just use weed to chill out but you can really go for a ride on it just like our friend from the fuzz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrCqPaSm8TA&feature=related

Guest pulsewarrior

i dont think weed is nothing in the scheme of psychadelics i can have mind bending visions and incredible connections on something like lsd but then i smoke weed and everything is splintered and amplified...ntm if youve ever had proper brownies or cakes man they will send you sky high...i had a friend who didnt talk for 7 hours when we did em. im not really a fan of it and im sure its because most people just use weed to chill out but you can really go for a ride on it just like our friend from the fuzz

i dunno, i've definitely had some pretty spaced out times after smoking, no less than hundreds, but never anything close to LSD or other hallucinogens. In fact, whenever I'd take really clean, strong acid (400+ mcg.), I found that I'd be so completely high that smoking weed had net zero effect on me, because I was so blown out into another world already (and usually couldn't even hold a pipe straight or understand the meaning of what i was doing, heh). Was completely immaterial.

Good luck, sir. If your trip is really potent and worth the effort, it won't be "good" or "bad". You will feel like you have experienced an incredibly broad spectrum of emotion and sensation that you never knew existed. You will probably be completely bewildered afterward, that such a raw and intense experience has been going on in the background of our culture for thousands of years. After my first mushroom trip, I felt like I had just gotten back from WWII, and I was pretty speechless. It really shows that the human brain works in such a delicate balance and that our lives are simply a reflection of what the chemicals in our brain will show us.

But who knows, it might be really mild for you. Have fun and be safe!

Guest cuntainer

weed has the potential to be just as intense as most any psychedelic, for me. it's different, but it's the same.

pot brownies have the potential to take me places that shrooms and lsd have never.

i have to agree with the second quote, my first experience with weed, when i was 19/20 years old, had maybe 3 cones at most of hydro, tripped balls, had a mind blowing, life changing experience, and i have had that multiple times with weed, so intense, my mind is off in another reality, and i have had times where i haven't said a word for hours while this is happening, powerful stuff. i read about dmt trips, that you go into another reality and have the most intense experience, and when you come off it, the memories fade away and disappear and 5 minutes later you cant remember anything, this is how i would describe some of my weed experiences.

i was talking to a friend just as i started consuming the cactus juice, and he said to let him know how it went later on, so i sent him this in a text message:

"what i feel like right now: picture this, a scene from a movie, some guy finally made it to the top of a mountain, after all that hard work he's at the top, he stands up, camera changes to show the most amazing view, he raises his arms and yells in triumph. amazing."

this pretty much sums up my san pedro experience, i didn't really feel at any point that i was high on a drug, i just had the most amazing mind set, i felt level but i was in an extremely positive mood, i was talkative and i just wanted to share things with people, ideas, songs, fruit, what ever, i just felt like conversing and connecting with people. here and there i'd have slight visual effects, the guy i had it with put on gummo and i'd only seen it once before and that was ages ago, but it was just amazing, the parts i watched, and i'd start to see characters' faces distort slightly, it was kind of cool, one time i looked at another guy who was there and there was this neon blue glow on either side of his hoodie that was there for a second and gone just as quick. the same guy asked if i wanted to play on his korg gear, and i was like fuck yeah, he had a synth and a drum pad, and i'd never used either before and didnt know what i was doing but just playing shit for ages and it was sounding amazing, the whole time i just felt like overloading all my senses, with loud droning music and bright lights and everything, i just felt like being blown away, completely.

after watching copious amounts of naruto, i have some insight to some aspects of japanese culture and beliefs and sometimes a character will see bad omens (the mug they were drinking from suddenly cracking, followed by crows suddenly flying from a tree, etc.. and then around the same time a family member or close friend will be in danger) and like this morning just before i started consuming, i was carrying some dirty dishes from my room to the kitchen sink, and a glass slipped from my hands, by coincidence in the one part of the house with wooden floors, and smashed, and i was like, why did that just happen? i very rarely smash glasses, and i happen to do it right before i consume san pedro, should i take this as a bad omen?, with that in mind, i chose to continue like nothing happened but i would leave this in the back of my mind, just in case...

but really what i expected from this experience was, that i wouldn't know what to expect and i'd have no idea what i'd experience, but i was very confident that i would have an extremely positive experience, and i'd be open minded and willing to go where ever it takes me, and that's exactly what happened, just felt normal, like it was just a regular day and i hadn't taken any mind altering substance, but i was just in the best mood i've ever been in, and that was it.

my friend wanted to go to another friends house, for a little gathering, so i drove there, continued to have a great time, had a glass of red, sipped it slowly over an hour and it was great, then they wanted to go to a club, so i was like why not? (if i were doing it my own way i would never have considered going out, clubbing.. but it wasn't my san pedro a friend asked if i wanted to do it with him so i decided to do it his way) so i went to the club, had a glass of white, "danced" for a while on the dance floor listening to not great but alright electronic beats (as far as clubs in perth go, pretty decent electronic beats) the place was full of heroes (medium to big guys, height and muscle wise, with with large to xxxxxxxl sized egos) so it was kind of shit in that regard, but i still had a great time, and then went back to a mates, chilled with a cup of green tea, talked, drove another mate to his house, drove home, here i am writing this.

perfect day.

if i were to do it again, i'd have a much bigger dose and i'd consume it earlier so it kicks in while the sun is shining, and spend it in a park with beautiful trees and flowers, but i dont care at all that it didn't go that way.

i have suffered severe depression for many years, among other things, sleep deprivation and fatigue, anxiety issues, i actually have so much negativity surrounding me, ingrained in my body and mind and spirit, and for the last 2+ years i've been wanting to have a full blown psychedelic experience that wasn't from weed, and i was well aware that all the negativity could have surfaced and i could have experienced a bad trip, but i was always confident that i would be able to accept it and go with the flow, no matter how bad it was, the experiences i had with weed changed my life for the better, helped me to heal and grow as a person, and finally after all this time of searching for a different substance (mainly mushrooms and lsd) with no luck, simultaneously trying to prepare for an experience, i've continued to grow as a person and heal, right at this time in my life, i'm finally starting to feel better from within, all the work i've put into my body and mind, the exercise, change in diet, finally sleeping better, trying to talk through or bring repressed negativities to my conscious mind and live through them, and now just by coincidence i have the chance to do mescaline, "jigsaw falling into place", it just feels like the perfect time, last night i came home after a full 40 hour week of work, fairly tiring work, to exercise in my room, i came home like every night, exercised, but different from regular nights, started preparing the cactus for today, went to bed late, like a kid before christmas, too excited to go to bed early, woke up naturally after 6 hours sleep which is less then i am currently having on average (average is around 7 a night), exercised in my room (i do multiple short but intense sets of push ups, crunches, squats and sprints on the spot, very tiring but doesn't take too long), showered, all while preparing the cactus, did everything as normal, and yeah the rest is all previously explained, just felt amazing all day, woke up feeling great, and the san pedro just made it better.

just wow. i don't think i can stop talking, it's almost 6am and i should really go to bed.

and yeah i viewed it as like, you have to submit to the plant before it submits to you, you have to pass the test before you can move on to the next stage, and only the strong willed are worthy of the experience, and the test was trying to consuming a fairly large quantity of something that tastes beyond revolting, and i was determined to push through the pain of trying to consume it all, through the constant gagging, and i passed the test, and i reaped the rewards, and just everything is amazing.

thank you san pedro.

thank you watmm.

good(amazing)night.

Archived