IGNORED

John Lennon - Power to the People (Greatest Hits Remastered)

Rubin Farr

following last year's Beatles reissues, Yoko Ono and Jack Douglas are overseeing digital remastering of all of John's solo albums, including a remixed "Double Fantasy" with new artwork by Sean. also coming is a hits compilation with new 2010 masters of the following tracks:

lennon.jpg

Power to the People

Gimme Some Truth

Woman

Instant Karma

Whatever Get You Thru the Night

Cold Turkey

Jealous Guy

#9 Dream

Just Like Starting Over

Mind Games

Watching the Wheels

Stand By Me

Imagine

Happy Xmas (War is Over)

Give Peace a Chance

Guest Greg Reason

My God, yet another cash-in. Well crass-looking too.

Seriously. Just buy Plastic Ono Band, Imagine, Walls and Bridges and Double Fantasy.

The music business is half business after all. I wouldn't have a prob getting the compilation if the mastering is anything like the Beatles reissues, to celebrate the man's 70th birthday. Granted, not as many classic tracks as his former band, but still an amazing voice in music.

The Beatles remasters was some of the best I've heard, if not the best. Not a big fan fan of Lennon, but if this is anything like the Beatles remasters, I'll give it a listen. Won't buy it though, but a lot of others will, and that will justify it enough for me. :L

Guest Greg Reason

I like the Mono remasters quite a lot but I was a bit irked by what they did to some of the stereo ones. They are very clear and full sounding but some of it just doesn't feel right anymore. Magical Mystery Tour particularly feels a lot different and doesn't sit quite right.

I think one of the main issues I have with them is that the compression has really brought out the clanking percussion and I think it's a little distracting and takes away from listening to the song. They were always pretty keen on overdubbing different percussion on most of their stuff so there's lots of it on the catalog and it all feels a bit out of balance.

I do love the extra bass presence though, it sounds a lot stronger

Archived