IGNORED

Swamp Thing

posture

First issue of the new Swimp Thang is out. Feels like it has potential, but they did seem to be brushing over the wife & daughter aspect a bit. Maybe they'll get to them later...

Damn, I missed it. I can get #2 and #3 from Forbidden Planet, but anyone know where I can get #1 now? Is it even worth it?

Edit: Nevermind, Ebay. The reviews for the first issue are resoundingly good.

very curious what the new series is like, the last series wasn't too bad but it felt like it was trying to be like the very early first Alan moore run. Let's just say it was far better than the Abigal ecoterrorist swamp thing series that started after the original DC run ended

• 8 months later...

Resurrecting an old thread here, i have no idea why i've done this, but i just wrote a screenplay for a swampthing movie based on the alan moore run. If anybody is interested in taking a look ill be glad to share it.

Guest zaphod

very curious what the new series is like, the last series wasn't too bad but it felt like it was trying to be like the very early first Alan moore run. Let's just say it was far better than the Abigal ecoterrorist swamp thing series that started after the original DC run ended

i really love grant morrison's arc. it's only four issues but it helped get the comic in the right place after nancy collins almost destroyed it in the early 90's. but i'm a morrison fanboy. i'll read anything he writes. millar's run is good but i feel like his ambition exceeds his ability. the new 52 run that i've read isn't very good. i think alan moore has that series on lockdown. no one is going to top what he did with it.

Guest Gary C

the new 52 run that i've read isn't very good.

I'm sticking with it, but I have to agree that it's simply not good enough. Too slow to build. The artwork is good, if a bit over-busy. And I guess it may have been the fault of the run before Snyder, but there's had to be a rather hasty re-invention of Swamp Thing's second origin.

Maybe today shall be the day that I finally stump-up for a Swamp Thing statuette.

Archived