IGNORED

Swamp Thing

posture

I used to watch the movie and series on USA when I was like 6. I had some action figures that glew in the dark. While the movie or TV series hasn't aged very well, the Swamp Thing comics of the 80s when Alan Moore was doing the writing are amazing and still hold up today.

swampthing.jpg

swamp-thing.jpg

swamp_thing.jpg

swamp-thing.jpg

swampthingbook1.jpg

Swamp-Thing-TV.jpg

swampthing.jpg

swampthing1.jpg

[youtubehd]zToSX8_fpTI[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]PiUrtwC6LmY[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]kzbqK4nw3R8[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]FJlZUpgXQJI[/youtubehd]

i love swamp thing, it's my favorite comic title. i have a box in my closet with every issue of swamp thing (all 4 series) and (almost) every appearance of swamp thing including his first in House of Secrets.

I read all four volumes of Swamp Thing a while back. The first volume is fun in an old comic sort of way. Alan Moore's run is the best, but some of the stuff that came afterward in volume 2 was pretty good too, I thought.

Guest bitroast

currently making my way through the recently released hardcover issues of alan moore's swamp thing.

the first issue (loose ends?) was kinda alright, but the second issue with swamp thing waking up at the lab and realising he isn't human. amazing amazing amazing, drew me right in. incredibly impressed with the writing in swamp thing, + awesome artwork : )

Guest Gary C

I've been buying a paperback collection of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing each month for the last 3 months. Really enjoying them. I think I have 3 or 4 left, but I'm planning to splurge as there are some deals at certain retailers this month (abebooks.co.uk).

has anybody here bothered to read past the Alan Moore run? Mark Millar picks up the slack at the very end of Series 2 and he actually does a really amazing job. Kick-ass and Wanted suck in comparison to his work on Swamp Thing, i dont know why he got so 'edgy' and appealing to goth teens in his later work.

I also love John Totleben's art on swamp thing, his art on Miracle Man was good too

frat19-300x236.jpg

I remember liking man-thing more as a kid just because he looked cooler. I thought swamp thing's triangular mouth made him look like darth vader made out of plants; man-thing looked like I imagined a swamp creature should.

then I actually read some swamp thing. nuff said.

Guest Gary C

I've got a ton of brand new old comics hidden away somewhere.

I'll see if I have any swamp ones. I like the artwork very muchly.

Can I be your friend?

Aside; perhaps collaboratively WATMM should pen a Swamp Thing screenplay? It's blatantly being thought about as a film already.

Guest Gary C

Reunion, Murder of Crows, The Curse and Earth to Earth are being delivered to me as we speak and they'll complete my Alan Moore run. £33 ain't bad.

I still need to finish reading Watchmen and then I'll invest in some Batman.

Reunion, Murder of Crows, The Curse and Earth to Earth are being delivered to me as we speak and they'll complete my Alan Moore run. £33 ain't bad.

I still need to finish reading Watchmen and then I'll invest in some Batman.

Grant Morrison writes some amazing Batman.

You can skip the show and the movie unless you like cheesy 80s shit. I watch it because it was part of my childhood. Now the comics, definitely get on that.

• 8 months later...
Guest Gary C

I just read elsewhere that DC are rejuvenating their catalogue. The African Batman sounded a little interesting, but not really. New Nightwing and Batgirl don't do it for me unfortunately. And Superman isn't going to have red pant?!?

But a new Swamp Thing? I'm all on that. I'll probably subscribe for a run.

• 2 months later...

Archived