IGNORED

Goldeneye 007

essines

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game is terrible.My brother plays obsessively online, but I don't get it. It controls like ass, the guns don't have any oomph to them, looks like crap, and the maps are all absolutely terrible with the exception of the jungle.

I remember Goldeneye.

What made it so good?

Was it just that it was the first proper multiplayer FPS?

for me it was the sound of the bullets hitting people. it was just very satisfying.

thats the sadist in me i spose.

I remember Goldeneye.

What made it so good?

Was it just that it was the first proper multiplayer FPS?

Yes. It's was amazing because it was the first good FPS on a console. Also the many settings/weapons/characters were pretty awesome having in a game at the time.

But it has aged terribly.

i think my favorite gun was whatever you get at the beginning of the Caves/chase stage towards the end.

I'm amazed that you guys actually can remember the name of the weapons. lol.

goldeneye was our acne-pocked lives, brah!

Guest Ultravisitor

i think my favorite gun was whatever you get at the beginning of the Caves/chase stage towards the end.

RCP 90?

Dual wielding those was awesome

In high school, we had a small, private room reserved for grade 12 students only... It was called "the senior room".

It had a couple couches, a TV, and an N64 with 4 controllers...

I used to sit in there playing Goldeneye instead of going to classes.

(really, what did they expect? good old liberal New Hampshire...)

I love Goldeneye on the N64...one of the best FPSers ever made.

Golden Eye for Nintendo 64 is, to this date, still the best FPS game for a console system.

Yes. The replayability on this game in multiplayer mode was mind-blowing. Plus, the island was such a weirdly enthralling aspect, unfinished and abandoned as it was. Awesome memories from this game.

Golden Eye for Nintendo 64 is, to this date, still the best FPS game for a console system.

Sigh, I miss my childhood.. going over to a friends place with your controller, a bottle of coca cola and a bag of crisps, and play all night long yeahh

I wonder how many of our generation did this, I used to play it after school with my mates, I would bring the cart and a controller and we would play it on a tiny 14" TV almost everyday, we just played Golden Eye and Mario Kart 64. Last year I sold my GameCube and the guys that came here to pick it up also did the same, tiny TV 4 player split screen.

I completed finished Golden Eye 64, got all the time trial levels which enabled the cheats, took me a while but was very fun, I used to think it wasn't possible to clear under those times but they were, I used to walk sideways in the game, it made it move faster.

I liked how they would react differently to where you shot them, to this day it's something not often seen, at least not to that level.

lasers or proximity mines. also the magnum for pistols. i always played with my bro and his friends on a sweet 32" tv.

played as xenia or boris.

Guest EleminoP

man that KF7 was a piece of shit once you progressed to the later levels.

the sniper rifle looked unwieldy as hell too.

The sniper looked like a squirt gun.

We used to always play temple with only grenade launchers for some reason. I guess it was fun as hell.

Archived