IGNORED

a forest

data

Yeah, I was looking forward to singing too! This is well done, good production and as an instrumental it stays fairly faithful to the original. I have to be honest though, I adore the original track (as anyone in their right mind surely does! : ) )

so I'm also quite protective about it, I'm not a big cover fan so automatically I'm a bit sceptical about any version of this not by the cure. Aye but it's not bad but without vocals kind of floats over you.

I'd love to hear a female vocal performance over this actually. Your track is really clean, would be easy to do a vocal version. Harriet Wheeler from the Sundays or Sarah Peacock from Seefeel would fit very nicely. Sorry, I'm probably publically fantasizing here. x/

This is a great rendition, but I agree it would greatly benefit from some vocals. I would have turned up the tempo a little, and had the main kick being a little less thumpy. Maybe have two kicks, one that hammers in and the other just for emphasis.

The mix is real good, too.

thanks people. about the singing, yeah, i'd love for someone to sing on it (i googled "a forest acapella" for a good 45 minutes or something, no luck though). i certainly won't do it, and tbh i don't really think anyone but mr. smith should.

the bpm is pretty much the same as the original, and this is my first attempt ever at making fake acoustic drums (humanized like crazy), so yeah, this is as good as it gets atm. appreciate the input though.

well i thought -but i seem to be the only one- it was pointless. it doesn't take any other direction than the original, it's just the same without the singing and without the sound of the eighties, and without the sound of the cure.

you're right, that's why i said "cover", and threw "remix" in there since the lead and lenght is slightly different. it was more of an exercise to see if i could do it by ear (pausing, unpausing the original track on youtube). i had fun making it, and i finished it, so i thought why not post it? anyway :trashbear:

michel meurtre is just a psuedonym i use for everything i make that's not super cheese 80's pop/funk.

the "guitar" is just flanged and distorted rhodes.

you're right, that's why i said "cover", and threw "remix" in there since the lead and lenght is slightly different. it was more of an exercise to see if i could do it by ear (pausing, unpausing the original track on youtube). i had fun making it, and i finished it, so i thought why not post it? anyway :trashbear:

yeah why not, i did the same with a brian setzer guitar solo when i got my gretsch 8) hopefully computers allow us to play easily any stuff at half speed :)

Archived