IGNORED

john lennon

Guest dese manz hatin

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Shit Attack

thats not actually true john george + ringo lived out in the english countryside with their families and paul was the one who lived in london and hung out at parties with druggie arty farty types. they only did lsd before him because they were spiked by a dentist + john met yoko ono thru paul's artsy mates. TROOF

John and George did pretty much everything. that's 1 of the reasons why they are/were the coolest..

Paul was the goody-goody, which is most probably why he's still alive, lol ;)

paul did some good stuff, for example this is my favourite xmas song ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o8-eLZhrOA

so weird, so minimal, so synthy. you won't hear anything like this on the radio these days. except for this.

also paul wrote paperback writer, possibly one of the best beatles songs, before they disappeared up their own psychedelic peace-loving arses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y7SyLXNwDQ

thats not actually true john george + ringo lived out in the english countryside with their families and paul was the one who lived in london and hung out at parties with druggie arty farty types. they only did lsd before him because they were spiked by a dentist + john met yoko ono thru paul's artsy mates. TROOF

truth

Best thing about The Beatles is Yoko Ono, and she basically had nothing to do with The Beatles

may i direct your ignorant ears to the song "paperback writer" posted above

also paul wrote paperback writer, possibly one of the best beatles songs, before they disappeared up their own psychedelic peace-loving arses.

:facepalm:

they hit a peak in 1966 and it was all downhill from there. i'm saying it. the kinks were a better band anyway.

Best thing about The Beatles is Yoko Ono, and she basically had nothing to do with The Beatles

may i direct your ignorant ears to the song "paperback writer" posted above

It displays pretty much everything I dislike about music. :emotawesomepm9:

:facepalm:

they hit a peak in 1966 and it was all downhill from there. i'm saying it. the kinks were a better band anyway.

Go post in a Kinks thread then, bub.

truth

well, fair enough, then i stand corrected. but John is still my favourite :) and i remember seeing Paul on that Beatles anthology thing that was on British TV years ago saying he didn't want to do acid because he'd heard it changed the way you think, and he was really worried that he wouldn't be able to "get back" ..get back, get back to where he once belonged! lol

Bah. *scoffs*

how can you say it was all downhill from 66!? when they went on to do Sgt. Peppers, the White album, and Abbey Road! (and yeah i'm not mentioning 'Let it Be' cos that's their worst album by far, imo.. the dregs of the barrel at the time. i think that was more a 'Paul album'? , but Lennon has the best tracks on that album aswell!)

paul had a really good ear for a surprising chord change. leave him alone. it's always been cool to hate paul but he was a brilliant songwriter.

i don't hate Paul at all. i agree he was a brilliant songwriter. bit cheesey, but yeah, still brilliant in his own way. the perfect Beatle, really.

but when John was writing stuff like 'Come Together' and 'She's So Heavy', Paul was still writing stuff like.. 'Maxwells' Silver Hammer', and really tame, safe songs..

truth

well, fair enough, then i stand corrected. but John is still my favourite :) and i remember seeing Paul on that Beatles anthology thing that was on British TV years ago saying he didn't want to do acid because he'd heard it changed the way you think, and he was really worried that he wouldn't be able to "get back" ..get back, get back to where he once belonged! lol

irl lol

to all the paul haters, come on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8THouU576WY

admittedly it doesn't rock that hard, but it has great changes. paul had a really good ear for a surprising chord change. leave him alone. it's always been cool to hate paul but he was a brilliant songwriter.

ah... REVOLVER. their best.

Archived