IGNORED

Frankie Boyles Tramadol Nights...

Guest Conor74

Guest Dirty Protest

Who exactly is claiming this is racist? The only thing ive seen on it is a bunch of left commentators telling us its not.Pop will eat itself.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's racist - but like you say, it's not particularly funny or original either. I'd wager his use of those specific words has far more to do with grabbing headlines and those ratings-boosting Ofcom complaints than making any heavy-handed statement about British imperialism. Especially as he's just running over a tired old point about how casualties are reported in the media. I mean, Drop The Dead Donkey was originally titled "Dead Belgians Don't Count"... it's just unnecessary. And dumb.

Guest Conor74

Gave Tramadol Nights another go last night. It's like he just can't be arsed with it any more himself. One sketch involved a some fellow being chased around and beaten. And then this old man comes along and breaks a stool over him. Geddit? Geddit? An old person being violent. Who would have thought of that? Not the people behind Monty Python's Hells Grannies - or even the cutting edge comedy team behind the creation of Supergran - all those decades ago.

Oh and there was an AIDS song. Pretty sure Team America beat him to that one too. Unless of course it was some ironic reference to the Team America gag and I missed the context. Fuck me, either way it was excrutiatingly bad.

Rab Florence is in this!?

Fucking hell. His comedy sensibilities are higher surely...

I know ... for me that's the biggest travesty of this series - Fat Rab reduced to this ?!

stewart lee might be the best stand-up comedian in the world imo. his most recent dvd 'if you would prefer a milder comedian, please ask for one' is brilliant.

yeah stewart lee's great, i was a big fan when i was a younger teenager. imagine my delight at the age of 14 when he used my (terribly juvenile) review of his then-new novel on his website (it's still buried away on there if anyone fancies digging it up for a good laugh) and even responded personally to it.

i haven't kept up with his standup in recent years but Comedy Vehicle was fantastic if a bit patchy in places. but my real love lies in the stuff he did with richard herring.

this is from the new dvd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo648qYq4-E

Ye watched it the other night. So fucking good. Just as good as his last one, only more angry. :emotawesomepm9:

Rab Florence is in this!?

Fucking hell. His comedy sensibilities are higher surely...

I know ... for me that's the biggest travesty of this series - Fat Rab reduced to this ?!

Did you watch Burnistoun? Fucking love that show.

Archived