IGNORED

Need some reviews for your music ?

Guest the anonymous forumite

the paid review project  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Shall this record be the product of a single persona or a compilation ?

• Single Artist
    • Compilation

Guest disparaissant

should be a whole album of awful. and hey, we could set up a last.fm page, myspace, all that crap. it's not too hard, and it also wouldn't be too hard to dissociate it with the thread about it as well... oh god this could be too good.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha, i'd love to see what makes these people 'seasoned music writers'.

they're rolled in a secret blend of paprika, allspice, and cumin, and they're delicious

I can mash the SR-16 I have lying around without any thought, crank the bpm, and throw some pre-recorded drones over the top. In garage band. It should be awful!

Because this is all I know.

Guest disparaissant

How to keep all of this secret and from Google is a question we should be adressing.

could just not mention names at all here, then just have another thread where we choose a name and act all straight-faced about it there, like we're taking it completely seriously, etc, and hope no one delves deeper!

oh god this could be too good.

Why, because you'll be paying someone to do his or her job?

Whole thing seems like a pointless exercise imho - it's unlikely they'll even listen to the entirity of your 20-minute ear-busting drone track. I mean, I don't like writing ads or promotions for half the junk I write about - but it's a job and it pays.

Guest hahathhat

Quick skim through some of their reviews, seems to be a lot of writing what they think the client wants to hear - compliments. It would be kind of amusing to submit an album consisting entirely of slowed down vacuum noise & see if they try to pass it off as hypnotic & unique.

yes, exactly, my initial urge is to send them something really sloppy and obnoxious (but deadpan) to see what they say.

Quick skim through some of their reviews, seems to be a lot of writing what they think the client wants to hear - compliments. It would be kind of amusing to submit an album consisting entirely of slowed down vacuum noise & see if they try to pass it off as hypnotic & unique.

yes, exactly, my initial urge is to send them something really sloppy and obnoxious (but deadpan) to see what they say.

I believe they'll say something along the lines of "thanks for the forty bucks".

Guest disparaissant

maaan why you gotta be a buzzkill. i couldn't get people to listen to some of the stuff i've made by giving them 40 bucks before now, this is a chance to take incredibly petty and childish revenge on a service that seems a wee bit bullshitty in the first place.

(Hi Tom)

Edit: alternate plan proposal: we somehow get Alcofribas on the review writing panel?

Guest Beefuncle

maaan why you gotta be a buzzkill. i couldn't get people to listen to some of the stuff i've made by giving them 40 bucks before now, this is a chance to take incredibly petty and childish revenge on a service that seems a wee bit bullshitty in the first place.

if anything in this world is worth doing it's for the sake of lols

just submit an album thats a 74-minute sine-wave middle C drone with no modulation, variety, or effects. i'd love to see them try and find merit, call it groundbreaking, etc.

Guest Beefuncle

I'm in. Cannot make music, but I have Protools, Audacity and a kitten so that'll probably do

we don't need music, we need noise!

well done everyone for participating, your all a credit to petty nerd revenge quests!

we should set up a separate thread for all the tracks, we have to be careful how we name and describe it, there'l probably be lots of people posting who'l have no idea what its about if we try to pass it off as being serious for the sake of dodging google.

maybe we could just call it "post the most hellish, headraping, ballbreaking music you can possibly make?"

wel probably get a lot more entries that way and we can just pick the tracks from there.

whadye think?

Archived