IGNORED

wolf's kompaktkiste

Guest ruiagnelo

Guest ruiagnelo

i found wolf's kompaktkiste while searching for information about an old compilation released on GPR (General Production Recordings) and ended up exploring the webpage. each artist has its own page, with scans of record artworks for each release, tho not all the releases are listed, at least for those not so well known artists. but the amount of stuff hosted is impressive.

discogs already shows a lot of these artwork images, which makes me think whether they go to wolf's and bring the images or the opposite.

anyway, thought you guys could use an additional source for artwork or simply enjoy it while listening to your favorite records.

That site used to be my go-to page when looking for details on any electronic releases. I'm glad it's still being updated, it's quite an old-skool site (especially design wise - it's stuck in late 90s warez page land) so I'm glad it's still being updated.

Guest ruiagnelo

That site used to be my go-to page when looking for details on any electronic releases. I'm glad it's still being updated, it's quite an old-skool site (especially design wise - it's stuck in late 90s warez page land) so I'm glad it's still being updated.

yes, the 90's design is quite interesting.

but what do you mean with 'looking for details'? each release shows only tracklist and artwork.

was there any more info previously?

I use to slather over Wolf's site back in the 90's. It's so strange to think that so much music was out of my grasp because of import prices and low availability. All of that is a joke now--OOP my ass, gimme slsk! I could never imagine how music would be today back then.

I really did prize my rows and rows of CDs and records. Now I want to sell all of them and sit gloriously upon my external HD full of lossless copies of that thousand pounds of plastic and cardboard. Very few things have persisted from Web 1.0 and I'm glad that he Kompaktkiste is still alive.

pretty much exactly what you guys said. :) I used to love wolf's and hyperreal.

but what do you mean with 'looking for details'? each release shows only tracklist and artwork.

was there any more info previously?

Actually, I was trying to remember exactly what details I used to look on there for - Aside from looking at the pretty artwork I think I used it for rather unscrupulous reasons, i.e. finding out the track times then making sure they'd match up with what I was about to download on Napster or Audiogalaxy back in't day. Which would take about an hour per track usually.

Archived