IGNORED

Bacon Bloody Mary

jules

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i could destroy a bloody mary right now, don't have the ingredients though

drinking neat rum (cockspur, good stuff) instead, but that's what got me into this mess in the first place

• 11 months later...

so i am bumping this because i have had a hankering for a bloody mary bender again. still can't find the bacon vodka here but i am turning to watmm for your best bloody mary recipe. let me see em please.

the night before, blend a jalapeno with 2 cups of water. pour into ice cube trays to make jalapeno cubes. then add to your normal recipe.

mine is 1 can of campbell's tomato juice, 10 dashes of worcestershire sauce, 6 dashes of tabasco, the juice of 1 half lime, little bit of horseradish if you have it, little bit of beef stock if you have it, little bit of olive juice if you have it, lots of black pepper, salted rim, garnish with an oven-baked slab of thick cut bacon and a pepponcini. ahhhhhhh FUCK YEAH. oh yeah dont forget the vodka, lol.

I have actually made gin martini's but instead of an olive I threw a stuffed cherry pepper in there. the pepper has prosciutto and provolone in it. it was quite good.

holy FUCK. my mouth is watering.

i wonder what a pepper stuffed with mascarpone or fetta would be like in a martini. hmmm. maybe i should plan a savoury cocktail night, zole!

To follow up on this post, recently I tried a prosciutto martini. Used a little too much prosciutto though (an entire strip, rolled up on a toothpick), so it was salty as FUCK by the end. Next time it's just gonna be a tiny bit of prosciutto wrapped around an olive.

the night before, blend a jalapeno with 2 cups of water. pour into ice cube trays to make jalapeno cubes. then add to your normal recipe.

mine is 1 can of campbell's tomato juice, 10 dashes of worcestershire sauce, 6 dashes of tabasco, the juice of 1 half lime, little bit of horseradish if you have it, little bit of beef stock if you have it, little bit of olive juice if you have it, lots of black pepper, salted rim, garnish with an oven-baked slab of thick cut bacon and a pepponcini. ahhhhhhh FUCK YEAH. oh yeah dont forget the vodka, lol.

genius.

ps. i'm totally going to stock up for some christmas morning bloody marys.

:beer:

yea me too. someone was telling me they are good with cucumber vodka. never tried that one yet. Fred's sounds amazing. tomato soup? for real? how many does that make?

also i don't remember if i said but you're bloody bacon mary sounds amazing.

not keen on the idea of using flavoured vodka in a bloody mary though... i'd just stick some cucumber (or bacon) in it.

freds thread...

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/56979-bloody-marys/page__hl__%2Bbloody+%2Bmary__fromsearch__1

and obviously that makes 1.

nice find, thanks keltoi

edit: now I remember that thread. I am so making the mcgriff bloody Mary on Christmas morning. I am cooking for 15 that day so I will have more than 1...

Is anybody else in the camp of loathing gin from overdoing it just a couple of times? Fuck, a gin hangover is just nightmarish; almost as bad as a tequila hangover. The problem has to do with positively exuding juniper out of your breath, puke, piss, sweat, cum, everywhere for at least 12 hours after the last fateful swig.

gin (dutch gin rather, "jenever") is incredibly cheap here, 8 to 10 bucks for a full liter. horrible, horrible stuff. tastes strongly of industrial alcohol and juniper-extract. did put away many bottles of that stuff in my time, though, and still get it every now and then. ps i'd rarely go 12 hours without a swig when i drank that stuff.

• 1 year later...

actually making these again on sunday morning. have been licking my chops all week...

Archived