IGNORED

the drunk driving thread

Guest fiznuthian

i'm on my huffy 10 speed at age 14 on my way home from copping weed in the hood when an ambulance rips by me on a country backroad 4 miles from where i copped

i catch up a few minutes later and there was a car crash

my gf who was my friend's lil sis age 13 -colleen was dead

my pal landon who protected me and everyone else from his pysho younger brother was also dead ,head ripped open

the door was wrapped around a telephone pole

the driver-a really cool dude who also looked out for me-age 19 lived with a concussion

he was a very bright big dude whoose interst in cars and mechanics was uncanny

john-the friendly giant-an old soul-the nicest guy really

he was drinking vodka

took the turn too fast killed them both

he did 18 months in county for manslaughter

he felt guilt forever…..as Landon was his best friend.

i was never really the same after that and all the drugs/lsd/mesc.music i did that year [9th grade] to erase the scene from my young mind

the funerals and teh wakes fucked me up

i never ever drive drunk

i am that designated driver dude

yeah but hey at least he escaped a cab fare or having to sleep on someone's floor

and it gives his mates a guaranteed taxi service, everybody made the best out of a bum deal.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

weak, .. i drive sleep deprived all the time. So does much of the shift working population, including emergency service workers. And it's well documented that when not rested your driving can be severly impaired. You gonna moan about that too ??

:trashbear:

no offence, but i think that you shouldn't take these government hole in one fix-alls for complex problems at face value. Sure drinking and driving can be bad, but it is a scale that starts at no problem generated to god that unstable completely out of it fuckarse should not be in charge of his own body, let alone a motor vehicle.

Guest fiznuthian

weak, .. i drive sleep deprived all the time. So does much of the shift working population, including emergency service workers. And it's well documented that when not rested your driving can be severly impaired. You gonna moan about that too ??

:trashbear:

no offence, but i think that you shouldn't take these government hole in one fix-alls for complex problems at face value. Sure drinking and driving can be bad, but it is a scale that starts at no problem generated to god that unstable completely out of it fuckarse should not be in charge of his own body, let alone a motor vehicle.

there's no justifiable reason to get drunk and drive when the risks are considered

Archived