IGNORED

How do i do this?

Alcofribas

i'm looking to take for example a single short bit of a chord and "stretch" it into a more sustained chord. i'm mostly looking to do this to create more comfortable loops that don't start over so abruptly (by making the last bit of the sample a little longer) and to create longer/more sustained "pad" like chords from shorter samples that i have.

generally speaking, just stretching the sample/part of the sample does not sound very natural as the inevitable artifacts color the sound too much from the rest of the sample. i used to play around with some granular stuff on max/msp which really did a nice job of this but i no longer have access to that software.

basically, if i have a sample from a record of two chords, the second of which cuts off abruptly (b/c i had to crop it that way) is there a way to make that second chord a bit longer so that a loop of these two chords is more symmetrical rather than one nice long chord followed by a shorter chord?

essentially i'm looking to increase the "sustain" of samples.

probably this request makes no sense but i'd appreciate any suggestions.

What software are you using? I know in Live you can use simpler/sampler to loop just a portion of the sample thereby extending the sustain indefinitely (as long as you hold the key). If I remember right FLStudio could do that as well.

lol Ableton users.. reminds me of Xbox fanboys.

but yea, to elaborate on slightly's take, you need a dedicated .wav editor to get the best results with clipping. Cool Edit Pro is where it's at. there are options to do it automatically.

but yea, to elaborate on slightly's take, you need a dedicated .wav editor to get the best results with clipping. Cool Edit Pro is where it's at.

seconded, programs like Cubase, Logic or Protools can kind of do it pretty well but not as good as Cooledit

lol Ableton users.. reminds me of Xbox fanboys.

but yea, to elaborate on slightly's take, you need a dedicated .wav editor to get the best results with clipping. Cool Edit Pro is where it's at. there are options to do it automatically.

Sorry I've never used CoolEdit and I do know how to use the software I've used before.... :derp:

In the future I'll learn everything about all sound manipulation software so I can offer as many different ways of getting a specific result as possible.

FOR WATMM

:cisfor:

but yea, to elaborate on slightly's take, you need a dedicated .wav editor to get the best results with clipping. Cool Edit Pro is where it's at.

seconded, programs like Cubase, Logic or Protools can kind of do it pretty well but not as good as Cooledit

but how do you make it actually longer??? time stretch??? cutting and pasting little bits???

Archived