101 members have voted

1. 1. Where you a nerd in school?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nerd to pretty cool in elementary

after elementary in high school, seems like everyone i knew went in different directions and different cliques and new friends

went back to fairly geeky but more just a loner. i got cool as time passed. made new friends got into partying and shit, ended alllll good.

middle school=yes absolutely. i was fucking nerd +76.

high school=i guess because of sports and other stuff i was like a nerd doing jockish things but certainly wasnt a jock/wasnt good friends with most of them...i hung out with the people that were into philosophy. another dude i played football with was like 6 foot 8 and 290 pounds, huge guy...anyway, i found it crazy when i heard he was into anime and going to those cosplay conventions....you know no one fucked with him on it.

How come not being a nerd in America, always comes down to, whether you played sports or you played in band of some sort?

Guest Calx Sherbet

like, straight A's and book-smart? or just into really nerdy stuff?

I was one and so were most of my classmates. The non-nerd ones were really boring people anyway.

lol, i was that boring guy!

middle school=yes absolutely. i was fucking nerd +76.

high school=i guess because of sports and other stuff i was like a nerd doing jockish things but certainly wasnt a jock/wasnt good friends with most of them...i hung out with the people that were into philosophy. another dude i played football with was like 6 foot 8 and 290 pounds, huge guy...anyway, i found it crazy when i heard he was into anime and going to those cosplay conventions....you know no one fucked with him on it.

How come not being a nerd in America, always comes down to, whether you played sports or you played in band of some sort?

because we're simpleton's who make stuff black and white

Guest Calx Sherbet

How does a nerd differ from a geek?

i always figured geeky stuff was more entertainment slanted, where as nerdy stuff was information based interest (like math, computer programming, etc). but maybe i don't know what i'm talkin about. it's and age old question.

mos def a nerd

gameboy, books, glasses early on, sucked at sports (not through lack of trying but because of poor health in general), couldn't swim

i can swim (don't have the stamina to do it for long), but how the fuck do people do that floating in one place shit?? i don't get it!

belive it or not i use to be sort of a nerd!!!! i would do nerdy things like listen to "idm music" !! of course then i got my 1st sunglasses pair and the rest as they say its history lol. that i discovered ndc music shortly after :sup:

belive it or not i use to be sort of a nerd!!!! i would do nerdy things like listen to "idm music" !! of course then i got my 1st sunglasses pair and the rest as they say its history lol. that i discovered ndc music shortly after :sup:

you'll love this

http://www.ndc.ie/

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

LOL. To me nerd implies that they have some abnormal technical prowess, knowledge or interest in something tangible. A geek could just sit in the corner drawing ligers and never be particularly good or smart about anything.

I was pretty nerdy as a youngster; little piano prodigy top-of-the-class student. Tried to make up for it with a very rebellious teenage phase. Fooled no one.

Archived