IGNORED

the downsides of bacon

Guest hahathhat

Guest glasse

The downside to bacon is turkey bacon. Na I like turkey bacon too, but it tastes more like fried diet pastrami or something than actual bacon.

They also have beef bacon available but I haven't tried that.

The downside to bacon is turkey bacon.

Nah, man.

Tofacon.

Actually most of the vegetarian meat substitutes I've ever tried tasted like bad processed meat, which makes me wonder what kind of people this stuff is meant for. If you're a vegetarian because you don't like the taste of meat, there are all sorts of things that are healthier/tastier/taste less like meat than fake meat.

Guest hahathhat

pork is muder

nougat is a poor lover

spilling is impotent to cornmunitions

i am frwench and cannot spweak properly

Actually, there is one downside to bacon.

Look to 2012

In the future, innovations in bacon research lead scientists to develop fabricating materials with an incredible strength to weight ratio. Bacon vehicles are produced and the predominately Christian western world is economically and militarily able completely dominate Islamic countries and Israel who refuse to adopt these technologies based on religious dogma.

We enter a strange time where nearly all things are eventually made of bacon, the now entirely Christian world revises history and begins worship of Bacon Jesus who is crucified on a sausage cross. The first trans-human progress is in human/bacon genetic fusing. Kevin Bacon is the only logical choice for the experiment and becomes like a god to the average people. His stature leads to a huge leap in human/bacon body augmenting. By 2045 all humans are now at least 50% bacon.

However this progress comes at a price, the fundamentalist christian bacon world still refuses to acknowledge global warming and by 2053 the temperatures have risen to such an extent that people literally begin to fry on the streets. The smell is too inviting to resist and by 2054 the last human has eaten the second last human. This last human chooses death over a diet containing anything but bacon and consumes himself over just a few days.

However, the upside is that the post human world flourishes balanced and perfect. It remains that way until 2167 when it is vaporized by a group of alien pigs who feel it is blocking their view of U'r anus.

It's not that bacon in and of itself is a carcinogen. The operative factor is saturated fat. There is enough evidence to (almost) directly link cancers of the breast, colon and prostate to consumption of animal fats. It's really fucking hard for the body to take on bacon. The massive amount of fat slows the stomach to a halt. The gallbladder and pancreas sort of flip out as well and your body moves most of the fat to the lymphatic system, which is stressful for the cardiovascular system. Nitrates perhaps influence cancer but I would put that second to the more insidious effect of raising blood pressure. Combine that with the fat and what you have is a food that increases load on the heart and blood vessels in a twofold fashion. It's like a protostroke with each bite :emotawesomepm9:

you cook the fat out of the bacon, by leaving it in the pan until it's crispy. Then you leave it to drain on kitchen paper.

The carcinogenic impact, besides coming from the sulphide preservatives, is found in super heating the saturated fats. So you can't avoid it with anything that's fried. This can be ofset by having a decent immune system, and not overindulging, overloading your body.

But whatever, everything in moderation. Or not. Bacon is better not in moderation ;-]

Archived