IGNORED

Boris with Merzbow - Klatter

Guest Gbiscuit

Guest Gbiscuit

I used the search function and only found one post with a mention of this, so I thought I would give it a proper thread. And, although I'm late to the party, and the vinyl is mostly gone from anywhere but eBay, I thought I should inform the denizens of WATMM about this stellar release.

R-2707906-1299072644.jpeg

A1 Introduction

A2 Akuma No Uta

A3 Jane

B1 Klatter 1

B2 Naki Kyoku

http://www.diwproducts.com/prd.php?DYMV997

Guest illfly mandog

Gave this a couple of spins yesterday. I think the tracks are really nice, even the re-makes and covers! Boris and Merbow in usual swing. It's pretty lo-fi tho. Boris is one of the few bands I accept lo-fi rock from cus they get it right! This release is pushing it for me, I mean you can only make out Merzbow in between guitar chugs. I have only heard so much Merzbow, so i guess the production may be more in his ring? Also, boooo to a vinyl only release, IT'S 2011!!!! get with it guys, sheesh! I would actually buy this if it came in relevant format.

What's the deal with airplane peanuts Merzbow? I call shenanigans on this Merzbow guy.

The novelty doesn't last for me, and leaves me questioning his whole routine. And I've definitely perused my fair share of his stuff and listened to people's recommendations out of genuine curiosity. I'll hear out any Merzbow fans.

Relevant to what??? Clearly it's relevant to the artists intention to release their music on a specific format. This mentality is inextricably linked with the noise scene, which is filled to the brim with vinyl and cassette only releases. And just how is vinyl not a relevant format when almost all modern music is pressed to vinyl and is available for purchase at mainstream technology centers like Best Buy?

Vinyl has its pros and cons, and its been around for a long time now, but clearly its relevant to modern music.

Anyway.... I look forward to hearing this as Boris is the shit and what I've heard of Merzbow has been pretty radical as well.

What's the deal with airplane peanuts Merzbow? I call shenanigans on this Merzbow guy.

The novelty doesn't last for me, and leaves me questioning his whole routine. And I've definitely perused my fair share of his stuff and listened to people's recommendations out of genuine curiosity. I'll hear out any Merzbow fans.

I like Merzbow because I like Merzbow.

I think he's a troll. But I bet if you asked him he'd say something about Dadaism and meditating and S&M.

Guest illfly mandog

Relevant to what??? Clearly it's relevant to the artists intention to release their music on a specific format. This mentality is inextricably linked with the noise scene, which is filled to the brim with vinyl and cassette only releases. And just how is vinyl not a relevant format when almost all modern music is pressed to vinyl and is available for purchase at mainstream technology centers like Best Buy?Vinyl has its pros and cons, and its been around for a long time now, but clearly its relevant to modern music.Anyway.... I look forward to hearing this as Boris is the shit and what I've heard of Merzbow has been pretty radical as well.

Making your music available only to a certain niche is pretty pretentious.

Guest illfly mandog
Relevant to what??? Clearly it's relevant to the artists intention to release their music on a specific format. This mentality is inextricably linked with the noise scene, which is filled to the brim with vinyl and cassette only releases. And just how is vinyl not a relevant format when almost all modern music is pressed to vinyl and is available for purchase at mainstream technology centers like Best Buy?Vinyl has its pros and cons, and its been around for a long time now, but clearly its relevant to modern music.Anyway.... I look forward to hearing this as Boris is the shit and what I've heard of Merzbow has been pretty radical as well.

I should have said "relevant to my life". I don't think vinyl shouldn't be pressed, I just think music should be made available to everyone. Releasing a digital copy requires very little effort.

a niche ? 2 seconds after i typed the name of this record on google, i found the album on FLAC. so that's a huge niche.. :-)

99% of todays music is heard via mp3, flacs, blogs & megaupload links, so dont complains about the format, as vinyl is stricly for fans ; digital (legal or not) versions are everywhere else. its really easy to consume music todays (not sure that's a good thing but that's how it is). Rock Dreams was a fantastic live album (great version of Feedbacker).

Guest illfly mandog
a niche ? 2 seconds after i typed the name of this record on google, i found the album on FLAC. so that's a huge niche.. :-)99% of todays music is heard via mp3, flacs, blogs & megaupload links, so dont complains about the format, as vinyl is stricly for fans ; digital (legal or not) versions are everywhere else. its really easy to consume music todays (not sure that's a good thing but that's how it is). Rock Dreams was a fantastic live album (great version of Feedbacker).

That is the version I have. An illegal copy. A vinyl rip, I want source audio. Not a version with smeared freq, lower dynamics, un-even freq representation, gain and just flaws in general. I said i had listened to it...what, from my posts, makes you think i bought the vinyl? I'm saying BORIS AND MERZBOW only made if available on vinyl from them. No official digital in site! To me that is 1. pretentious and 2. asking to get your music stolen.

Guest illfly mandog

niche ? 2 seconds after i typed the name of this record on google, i found the album on FLAC. so that's a huge niche.. :-)99% of todays music is heard via mp3, flacs, blogs & megaupload links, so dont complains about the format, as vinyl is stricly for fans ; digital (legal or not) versions are everywhere else. its really easy to consume music todays (not sure that's a good thing but that's how it is). Rock Dreams was a fantastic live album (great version of Feedbacker).

I would also say that 80%(and I think I'm being safe with that number)of vinyl pressed in last 15 years are coming from digital masters...YOU ARE BUYING A BIG CD!!!! If that's not merchandising and just about the music then i just don't get it. I would also like to say I like vinyl, as long as it is coming from an all analog chain. I feel like THEN I'm getting a vinyl experience. When ISAM by Amon Tobin came out I decided to stop stealing music and support my favorite bands/musicians. These vinyl/cassette only releases make that very difficult to follow through with.

Guest Synthacat 9

...what, from my posts, makes you think i bought the vinyl?

Gave this a couple of spins yesterday.

:duckhunt:

• 1 month later...

anyway i just got a copy of this great record & actually it's not a big cd at all. well obviously the point of it, is like having some great music with beautiful packaging, like some piece of art (gatefold vinyl etc), of course its a bit dumb as it could have been released on cd instead but i like that dumbness a lot.

Archived