IGNORED

best distortion plug

Guest jamesy boy!

i like the distortion of guitar/bass-amplifier sims, ohmforce plugins (predatohm! raw, digital-ish distortion) and my cheap behringer desk (crank up the gain).

dont buy anything until you give predatohm a go.

(gmedia)

:fear:

predatohm is by the ohmboyz of the ohmforce who make classic plugs like the (quattro, the quad-version) frohmage, hematohm and mobilohm :laughing:

(they did work with gmedia on the mellotron, arp and minimoog emulations)

o(h)m,

iep

For free I like Tinydistort, TriDirt, Distbit, some nice colored ones like amp sims. Um Boogex... Cortex. Bifilter! (almost forgot). There are others, but those are the most useful I cqn think of ATM.

i like the distortion of guitar/bass-amplifier sims, ohmforce plugins (predatohm! raw, digital-ish distortion) and my cheap behringer desk (crank up the gain).

dont buy anything until you give predatohm a go.

(gmedia)

:fear:

predatohm is by the ohmboyz of the ohmforce who make classic plugs like the (quattro, the quad-version) frohmage, hematohm and mobilohm :laughing:

(they did work with gmedia on the mellotron, arp and minimoog emulations)

o(h)m,

iep

yip, i have the ohmforce collection - feat. the pred, mobilohm, frohmage, ohmboyz and hematohm.

it was released by G-Media.

• 1 month later...
Guest DrHat

what i use:

- Antares Tube (for subtle warming distortion, mostly)

- Antares Mic Modeler (this is good for more than you'd think)

- Guitar Rig (Good, but eats CPU)

- Amplitube (Good on CPU, but has some EQ issues, mostly in the high end and deep bass departments)

- Izotope trash (sometimes a little too tinny for my stuff, but i like it)

- Predatohm (if you know exactly what distortion you want, this is it. if not, you're best off mucking with something else)

- Cubase Quadrafuzz (Hey, it's loud. Very loud. I usually only use it before running into a flanger or something, to make things go PFFBEEEeeeWWWwwWWwwW)

- A vast array of ghetto plugins from mda and some other places

acid1 - z3ta distortion? i have some stuff by them i like, but nothing that distorts. what's it called?

z3ta+ ships with a plugin bundle that take the FX section of it and allows that to become a VST effect in its own right (independent of the soft-synth)

on a side note, lately i've been playing with the shaper cubic module in reaktor with a saturator... i think you can pull off almost any distortion sound with that if you tweak the controls for the 3 inputs

Im glad this came up (remember my complaining?). Anyways Ill look into predatohm or whatever. Oh yeah, and speaking of distortion whatever happened to CMA's Basra thingy? I like slew rate distortion, anybody know plugs with this. Also look at the distortion on phoscyon(303 emu), thats what sparked my interest. If you know any similar distortions I would appreciate any ideas.

Guest Iain C

cheers :cool: , where can i find the crusher plug chris?

i cant find it on the internet anymore

seriously

its by n00b and its an 8-bit crusher

I've got this at home on my other PC, I can post it up if anyone still wants it, you sent it to me I think Chris

Archived