IGNORED

Synthadelic

Guest hahathhat

Beats and general feel of this reminded me a lot of U-Ziq. I really like the the bit towards the end (2.30) with that sort of funky riff - that was my fav part. I think you could have made the bassline a bit more interesting tho. I see where you're kinda go with this track but I just felt like some of the notation and harmonies could have hit harder and been stronger. That said the overall way you've put together is very cool though and imaginative.

i agree w/ promo

it reminds me of tango/vectif

the mix is kinda choked up and super hardwalled

there is lot of treble information flying around that could benefit from compression and less distortion imho

grating watery and flanged

retaining a freaky twisted humorous edge

My cider tastes better after listening to this. I enjoyed the overdriven feel and in your face attitude of the track, lots of machine love happening here, some really warm moments. Great beatwork. Very enjoyable!

Guest hahathhat

thx guys.

i just installed ableton, this is the first track i've done with it in months. i am working on more -- having fun taking some ideas from my hardware jams back into the computer's land of control freakdom

I haven't heard beats that heavy since Dig Your Own Hole. :D

i've been listening to Dig Your Own Hole + Surrender a crapload recently :)

fucking awesome. the bassline is kind of dull but that's a minor criticism, well it could be major i dk. everything else about it is on point!!!!!! mad noises blasting out of this fucking wonderland hell yeah. good idea to listen to CBROS GENIESUSO

right on.

Guest hahathhat

tighten the screws, major timing issues with the baseline/drums.

that's the juke influence you're hearing.

i want to say much more, but seeing as you're rather touchy i'll leave it at that.

no big loss, as the forecast calls for a 75% chance of trolling anyways.

fucking awesome. the bassline is kind of dull but that's a minor criticism, well it could be major i dk. everything else about it is on point!!!!!! mad noises blasting out of this fucking wonderland hell yeah. good idea to listen to CBROS GENIESUSO

right on.

thanks. wat is "CBROS GENIUSUSO" ???

edit: ok i guess this roughly translates to "the genius of the chemical brothers." any day is a good day for this

Guest hahathhat

The one at the start? It's Crystal. Harmonics aren't terribly rich, but the "breed patch" function can be fucking prescient. I know its presets, and which ones to "breed" together to land me where i need. Its modulation routings are amazing; it can wind up sounding circuit-bent.

It also might sound familiar because the melody itself is pretty Aphex-y. I felt like I was ripping off some Aphex track with that, but I can't figure out which. Feels like AB era, something like "On" where it makes you think of cliffs overlooking sandy beaches. I might just be imagining all this

Archived