IGNORED

alesis multimix 8 usb

YEK

so i'm buying a laptop and i need two audio interfaces, one for serato in my bedroom and one for music making downstairs. i've decided rather than buying just a 2nd audio interface i'd like this multimix 8

i was just curious about it because obviously i understand it can record music onto the computer but i was wondering how you can listen to the sound coming off the computer?..

does it have some kind of computer output on the mixer? i assume it does but i thought i'd ask

cheeeeeeers

hope someone who owns this can help me, thankyou.

it has inputs, or rather 'outputs', to plug your monitors (speakers) into.

that, and a headphone socket.

you plug instruments into it and record the noise they make onto/in your DAW/ your computer.

the sound comes out of the speakers. you do have a pair, right? or at least some headphones...

it has inputs, or rather 'outputs', to plug your monitors (speakers) into.

that, and a headphone socket.

you plug instruments into it and record the noise they make onto/in your DAW/ your computer.

the sound comes out of the speakers. you do have a pair, right? or at least some headphones...

yeah, i got that stuff. good to see it's simple enough, just have never used anything like it before, thanks

it's well straightforward yek, you just need some leads and stuff. plug the main output of the soundcard straight into your monitors (if they're active monitors) or into your mixer or amp or whatever. plug your synths into the various inputs and the USB into your laptop.

i've had one of these for a few years (dunno if they've updated them or not) so if you have any questions, i might be able to help you out.

i'll tell you right now, the effects are essentially useless. even for someone who likes to utilize low quality sounds/effects/etc., the effects are pretty much just in the way. may have more to do with what i use the multimix for, but nonetheless they are weak effects.

I own this. Back when I had a desktop computer it was hooked up to it at all times for recording and for playback. The fact that you can use the USB connection for both, causes a small bit of noise during recording if you don't have your settings right. Read this post for more info: http://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=41307#p456115

It has some quirks but overall it has been a pretty versatile little tool, and it was inexpensive.

I own this. Back when I had a desktop computer it was hooked up to it at all times for recording and for playback. The fact that you can use the USB connection for both, causes a small bit of noise during recording if you don't have your settings right. Read this post for more info: http://www.guitarnoi...t=41307#p456115

It has some quirks but overall it has been a pretty versatile little tool, and it was inexpensive.

awesome, thanks!

Archived