IGNORED

Anyone know what happened to AM-Boy?

fumi

His last work (as far as I'm aware) was back in 2007 on Attack Nine. I dug out Horrible Oracle Blessedness recently and it's been on heavy rotation. Some fantastic tracks on there. I'd forgotten how insanely talented Forrest Wolf is.

Wonder what he's up to now?

His last work (as far as I'm aware) was back in 2007 on Attack Nine. I dug out Horrible Oracle Blessedness recently and it's been on heavy rotation. Some fantastic tracks on there. I'd forgotten how insanely talented Forrest Wolf is.

Wonder what he's up to now?

Forrest still makes music, but as far as I know, HOB was his "sign off" as Am-Boy, and even that was mostly comprised of older remastered tracks from years previous. He came over and hung out with his brother a couple years ago (his brother used to go to college in the town I grew up in) and we played Jandek LPs and ate burgers and stuff. Didn't talk too much about music!

Guest uptown devil

would love to hear something new by him as well, all of his major releases have been stellar. i recommend seeking out the clayton's hideout lp if you haven't yet. i picked it up on discogs for under $10.

also, there's an extra itunes exclusive horrible oracle track that attacknine released in the past year or so. it's called 'reride' and is well worth the moneys.

lastly, this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrocSXwPn8s&feature=related

i love this

http://www.discogs.com/Various-EEDs-Summer-Vacation-08/release/1463277

Back in 2008, we released a fantastically great compilation CD-R with a still-exclusive Am-Boy track on it, "Out My Window". The comp also features WATMM favorites EOD and Mrs Jynx, as well as two tracks by moi. Forrest's tune on it is absolutely great, and in the vein of Horrible Oracle Blessedness too.

holy shit, what a lineup! thanks for the heads up!

Yeah, I try not to talk about my label(s)/music too much here but it seemed relevant - that track is fantastic!

I should ask Forrest if he's got anything else going on...

Guest uptown devil

I should ask Forrest if he's got anything else going on...

please do. there was talk of another am-boy release on one of the attacknine mailers in the past year, but to no avail.

i didn't realize that was on (one of) your label(s).. is there a better place to pick it up besides discogs for 10 bucks? can't wait to hear it!

also, for those who have yet to discover.. here's a killer free track he released on the sustemos 'draumar um kalt sumar' compilation titled 'collection' :

http://ia600406.us.archive.org/30/items/sute012/03_Am-Boy_-_Collection.MP3

really phenomenal track. enjoy!

also, i'm getting some strong deja vu from a previous am-boy thread about a year ago..

• 2 years later...

WR in Portland is set to release a Free Festival cassette which includes unreleased remixes by Am-Boy, Mrs Jynx, Obfusc and Drexon Field. For those who don't know, Free Festival is a collaboration between myself and Brian Ellis, and Am-Boy's remix is totally fantastic. I feel a bit lame admitting that we've kept these mixes in the vault for eight years, but that's how these things sometimes go...

WR in Portland is set to release a Free Festival cassette which includes unreleased remixes by Am-Boy, Mrs Jynx, Obfusc and Drexon Field. For those who don't know, Free Festival is a collaboration between myself and Brian Ellis, and Am-Boy's remix is totally fantastic. I feel a bit lame admitting that we've kept these mixes in the vault for eight years, but that's how these things sometimes go...

OMG

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived