IGNORED

Strangers who like IDM

zlemflolia

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main record store here has pitchfork hipster elitists. They kind of gave me a look of mixed approval when I go in to get Autechre releases as they come out.

You can kind of tell they worship that website. The majority of their albums on display front and center are the ones pitchfork rates at 10.

They probably don't give a shit what you buy, but they know pitchfork hyped stuff will sell. Why wouldn't you display those front and center? What a fucking hipster.

Yeah... record stores and shows were where I met most IDM strangers. I was standing in line and a dude behind me was holding a Matmos record and I complimented him on a good choice... He didn't answer me!

Weirdly, I began listening to afx right then, when I realised I wasn't the only one of the highschool to know that name. I've also become a good friend with this funny guy

The reason I started listening to Aphex is because some dude I met at Highschool asked if I'd heard of him, and I had only heard of him at that point (David Firth's Toons). We've been best friends ever since.

I've been to parties where people couldn't handle MF DOOM*, nevermind anything close to IDM.

* Because when you listen closely, you realize that DOOM is not actually Eminem or Lil Wayne.

Nailed it with the * statement. I've been playing Tobacco and Black Moth in public lately to keep it safe. I've given up on playing Aphex Twin for the reason that there are no lyrics and a song isn't music unless there are lyrics.

Archived