IGNORED

Should i sell my Fantom x6 (roland) workstation?

TRiP

So i'm considering selling my Fantom x6, and I was just wondering what everyone opinion on pros and cons with using a hardware workstation in this day and age might be?

Programs i'm using these days such as Reason and reaktor seem to offer so much more in terms of sound design (which is chiefly what i'd be using it for/ although i do enjoy dabbling in electronic music) and I honestly haven't touched it in a few years now.

It seems like a no brainer - but just before I get into it - I was just wondering if anyone has any wise words that might change my mind? or are we headed in such a digital future that theres no need to have these sorts of workstations anymore and midi keyboards and controllers are all one needs

I installed a few gigs of memory into it + I have a sturdy flight case for it so i'd like to think I could get €1,000 out of it? (maybe that's asking too much?)

thoughts?

(i also have a novation X-station which I mainly use so it's not like i'd be losing a keyboard)

(apologies for double post in other selling section)

oh my lordie, that does look appealing - but too expensive for just a something that would probably become neglected a toy, in my hands...i am however looking into buying a Launchpad.

but this is besides the point!

The only real advantage to having this fantom is it's piano...thats all i can think of though

• 1 month later...

Archived