IGNORED

ON directed by Jarvis Cocker

beerwolf

Always loved the track/video to On and wondered if Jarvis and Richard are friends, or how the collaboration came about. It has a perfect Cornish seaside vibe to it, strange as Cocker comes from the city of Sheffield.

You never really hear much about the video so I thought I would ask. Or was it just a case of Warp getting the job done without any input from Richard.

The footage was just 45 seconds long. That was stated in the Warp wah2 video aired at german television several years ago. Cocker played it backwards and forward to create a video out of it.

Pulp was signed to Warp's subsidiary Gift before Island Records, and Jarvis Cocker also co-directed Sweet Exorcist's Testone, according to Rob Young's Labels Unlimited book about Warp. IMDB also credits him as directing or co-directing Aftermath.

Guest Disk System

The part where the person in the diving suit tries to cut the head of the Richard cardboard cut out and it turns into a dummy which swiftly grabs the divers arm before they start to wrestle always makes me laugh. It looks like they're kissing in some frames.

The footage was just 45 seconds long. That was stated in the Warp wah2 video aired at german television several years ago. Cocker played it backwards and forward to create a video out of it.

I did not know that. Thanks.

Archived