IGNORED

Ekoplekz - Skalectrikz

Guest grue

Can't find much information on this, but it seems to be a new Ekoplekz album on Mordant Music, consisting of two cassettes, one of studio recordings and the other of live recordings. Should be released next week.

Info on discogs:

http://www.discogs.com/Ekoplekz-Skalectrikz/release/3535537

Preview (or prologue?):

http://soundcloud.com/sonicrouter/ekoplekz-skalectrikz-prologue

Memowrekz was one of the best releases last year, so I'm definitely looking forward to this.

i've always enjoyed the mordant musics but i've not listened to many of these ekoplekz tracs. this is really good sounds. i like this video for his mildew riddims

[youtubehd]-CIcZCLoK1M#![/youtubehd]

• 4 weeks later...
Guest grue

i've been listening to this for about a week or so now and i think it's up there with his best stuff. it falls on his more inaccessible side (more 'intrusive incidentalz/dromilly vale,' less 'memowrekz/fountain square'), but i think it is the best material he's done in that style. it's less claustrophobic and much spacier, more atmospheric. not an easy listen but should appeal to those who like his stuff. i love the overall sound design too; he really pulls sound great sounds from his gear.

apparently both tapes are improvised and recorded live in one take with no overdubs and minimal editing (including the 'studio' tape, which i guess is really a 'live in studio' kind of thing). in some places this is obvious, but in others it sounds like the other stuff he has done, so i wonder if he has worked this way before.

• 1 month later...

your very welcome friend. ekoplekz is well worth the attention

Heck yes he is. Although all I have of his in my collection is the Ekoclef Tapeswap cassette, which is nice but I want more.

I would love to get his privately 'Ferric Series'- so much stuff he use for promo but the normal music enthusiast will not get them. A bit like the tapes from BOC only privately shared, but only a bit.

Archived