IGNORED

*updated* MFB SynthLite Trax

BCM

i was tempted to put a beat in with my 626 but wanted to keep it pure MFB... i like the way it all kinds of melds together and gets a bit lost in itself with solely the MFB providing the sounds... but i may well do a remix! cheers for listening :)

tunghill - i like this one, feels like a little more development could give it an edge though... more of a build up maybe? really nice anyway.

nodulej - great sequencing, love it. you're definitely getting some interesting stuff out of that synth!

Guest The Bro

This tune is like a big blob of squelch and I mean that in a nice way lol.

2nd one reminds me of Drexciya. Nice.

these tunes have inspired me to do an ep or album, which will possibly appear on a certain netlabel at some point in the not too distant future.

these tunes have inspired me to do an ep or album, which will possibly appear on a certain netlabel at some point in the not too distant future.

I'm waiting, now I have something to live for...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest crivella

made a track using only my MFB SynthLite II for all sounds, sequenced with Five12 Numerology recorded direct into my soundcard...sounds kinda rough and ready but i like it.

http://soundcloud.com/b-c-m/tunghill

the result is like a single storm. like it. maybe is too long. you can say the same things in 3 minutes.

I have no idea what this MFB SynthLite thing is, but I like how it sounds. Also, I don't know what limitations the SynthLite-only concept creates, but some pads and stuff in the background would be cool. (cliché, I know, but it sounds good). Other than that, this stuff is pretty sweet.

MFB SynthLite is a cheap, hybrid digital/analog monosynth with exceedingly poor audio outs leading to a lot of noise on the signal. it's kind of raw and cheap sounding, but has been reviewed semi-favourably (by some lol). i bought it a few years ago now for a couple of hundred quid....that and my 626 are pretty much the only bits of hardware i have at the moment so i decided to try and make some tunes with just one of them - i might do a 626 only EP or something as well after this one - just put loads of mad FX on the 626 and use crazy timing and shit to try and get a good range of sounds and emotions out of it...i digress, anyway yeah, it's pretty limiting having to use just a monosynth - a few people have suggested pads, which are of course impractical in this regard - however i have tried to create pad(ish) sounds using monophonic synth lines + a lot of reverb. also all the kick drums had to be modelled, all the noise type sounds had to be created (there is no noise generator on the SynthLite so i had to use various modulations instead to try and create a similar effect), all the bleeps and other sounds probably have some sort of suble effect on them to lose some of the rawness of the MFB and create a bit of space or dynamics. also, i've got no mixer so just have to record the MFB directly into my soundcard and as i said, the audio out is quite poor - i could previously lose some of this using a mixer and EQing etc a bit etc, but on these tracks it's just the raw signal (plus the raw signal passed through an FX rack).

thanks dude :beer:

no, all sequenced with numerology. to be honest i've got no fucking idea how to use the onboard sequencer and nobody else has either i don't think. the manual is hardly illuminating on the matter. i don't really believe it's got one anyway, it's all a myth.

Archived