IGNORED

The Bro - Cowboy Dub (tune made using Beatmaker 2 on Ipad)

Guest The Bro

Your dub is definitely getting better but it still needs way more variation.

The synth that starts @ 0.55 does some really weird things. When it glides from note to note (or whatever it is it does) it sounds out of tune or as if you're hitting the wrong key.

Oh, and the Jamaican white boy talk... don't go there.

The synth that starts @ 0.55 does some really weird things. When it glides from note to note (or whatever it is it does) it sounds out of tune or as if you're hitting the wrong key.

To me it just sounds like he's hitting the chromatic notes in between, i could be wrong though, but that's what I took from it

Oh, and the Jamaican white boy talk... don't go there.

firstly, this.

secondly, listened to your tune and think it's got a lot of potential. for me though it sounds a bit thin - like it's made with cheap sounds or something - not sure if this is the fault of beatmaker 2 perhaps, but to me it sounds like it was made on an ipad if you know what i mean... i think maybe you should run the ipad's output through some external effects to beef it up a bit and add some texture and depth to the overall sound. maybe you already did lol i dunno... just my 2 cents... also feel that as it's quite repetitive with not many changes, some vocals would sit nicely on top of it add some dynamics and make it more interesting.

Yeah, what BCM said... maybe run the same track through some kind of pedal like 10 times to give it a more organic sound and more noise. Right now everything sounds so clean and not very dusty and damaged like reggae/dub usually does...

Archived