IGNORED

How many of you have cried over a BoC track? and which ones

Guest YMBD

Guest nyujlp373tisch
None of the tracks have made me cry, but I can see how some of them can make you cry if you are in that certain type of moood, but then I think its more the mood than the BOC tracks in particular that make you cry...Tears From the compund Eye is a real beauty and Farewell Fire is also really melancholic. But the closest any artist has ever been to make me cry of just the music it must be Brian Eno (and Harold Budd), the whole Ambient 2: The Plateaux Of Mirror album makes me so sentimental and nostalgic that I feel almost pain in my stomack, I been close to crying a lot of times to that one... :sad:

But seriously why these tracks!?

A Is To B As B Is To C

& . . . . . . . . . Magic Window!

Explain :grin:

Not to be pedantic but just to clarify for the closet metal-heads in this forum, when I say cry, I mean:

(1) once or twice full out actual tears gushing but there were other factors, for one a meth comedown. That was Red Moss and Everthing...Balloon.

(2) I really don't like emo or emo people. I'm BoC, Autechre, Broadcast, AvantPop, Psychfolk, electronic music/German Robots, Shoegaze, and Ambient. Caps please stop.

(3) sometimes can't breathe, feel an overwhelming sense of dread, nostalgia, sadness, tragedy all at once that reaches a point where you almost have to turn it off its too loaded. Like the way Resnais' Last Year At Marienbad or Duras' India Song strangle you with their contempt and simultaneous gentility.

For A Is To B:

"1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10,

now in spanish,

now in french,

we'll say that twice again."

Listen to the background melody on that. IMO THE apogee of BoC's stranglehold on funhouse/book of revelations melody.

For Magic Window: its the name, its the catch-your-breath after dawn chorus, you could feel the sky, and corsair, but mostly hearing people talking if they are around me through my headphones as if they were planted there and changed over and over. Just the monotony. . . one time this woman was "oh yes apples are loaded with fiber . . . " Its like coming back from Alice in Wonderland.

And then I have a few other theories on that track beyond the obvious stretching the album to 6'66". But I'll start another topic on that one.

And thanks man, i keep forgetting to check out Eno's Ambient 2. I have 1 and 4 but not 2. I'll soulseek it later.

Guest Iain C
2. the flaming lips - do you realize??

Shit yes but there may be other Lips moments where this is possible I think

Guest nyujlp373tisch

Probably got it because I'm transfering out of NYU's business school to Tisch, their performance arts school to study cinema and film production. That's a change Tischies and Sternies are complete opposites.

Cool, I have several friends in Tisch, I think they all graduated last year though

My friend and I think the Business building is the most menacing thing ever, just belching smoke and producing greed

no way. tischies are some cool people. sternies are really cool too but most of them so boring. most of the time it just feels like i'm talking to a robot or a high schooler who is already acting like his father. I've committed suicide during many a sternie conversation.

http://www.bapmuchapter.org/index.php?show=media_photo

I'm buddies with these dudes who I believe are/were all in Tisch.

Their live show is really funny, they play at the Upright Citizen's Brigade Theater every week.

Guest Atli

Magic Window: When I was hoping for a one last track and found out the track was absolutely silent.

No, not really. But I should have.

Guest Bored of Canada

Hello everyone. first post.

Amo Bishop Roden has made me cry. Don't mean to be melodramatic but as someone who suffered from depression for years, sometimes it's just nice to listen to something that reminds you how great it is to be alive and be able to listen to it.

Guest Idiron McGriff
i nearly cried the first time i heard geogaddi

i was so pissed off that i`d spent 15 pounds on it

same with TCH. if i cried out of anything but laughter whilst listening to boc i would euthanise myself and burn the corpse too.

Archived