IGNORED

Emeralds - Just To Feel Anything

Tauhid

What the fuck?! Wonder why that happened. Now I'm curious about how future Emeralds albums will sound. In any case, "Does it Look like I'm Here?" will probably remain one of my all-time favorites. It was a quasi-random purchase for me (found it in the "experimental noise" section of Soundgarden in Syracuse NY and bought it for only two reasons: that it was in that section and because of the great album art).

Guest bitroast

Steve Hauschildt's solo material + Mark McGuire's solo material are both really good.

Emeralds earlier material is really good. Just to Feel anything is good too, but it's hard to put my finger down on exactly how i feel about it. at times it sounds abit messy/muddled. but i find myself putting it on abit and enjoying the grooves. i'm not sure how i'd feel about the album without hearing the earlier material first, for example.

so yeah. i'm not exactly bummed out or anything. i'm sure we'll still get lots of enjoyable new music from both parties regardless of how they make it:)

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if it's significant that Steve Hauschildt deleted the second post about how Emeralds will just be the remaining two members without McGuire: https://twitter.com/stevehauschildt

Perhaps they are abandoning the Emeralds project altogether. Honestly, that seems right to me: I'm still interested in work by the remaining two guys, but their project should have a different title. McGuire's guitar contributions seemed essential to the sound of Emeralds.

Guest texan whip

I agree. I fail to see how Emeralds could progress forwards without McGuire's guitar. It's a shame as I feel their "sound" was fairly unique and evolving with every release. They were certainly quite an interesting outfit and one of my favourite bands. I wonder what it is that made McGuire split?

Wondering that as well. Maybe they'll start up another group with Sam Goldberg (Radio People and 1/2 of Mist) or someone else. I actually still haven't heard this album and the new Steve Hauschildt for whatever reason. Need to rectify that.

Well, that's probably best. It's unfortunate that the band is over, but at least they're telling us about it.

At least this band has the balls to tell us when it's over, unlike some bands out there.

Archived