IGNORED

The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

Here the site : http://thejonspencerbluesexplosion.com/

I'm fan! I'm happy! I love this band. I saw some of U like this band, especially the Experimental Remixes EP!

That's funny, in 2004, they had shortened the name of the group in "Blues Explosion" listening 1 of their producers 2 market better the Damage album... There now, they downright took back the name of origin!

I've ordered their new album & i get a link 2 download it in lossless & surprise : i get another link 2 download an ep : "Live at the Birthday Party (Brooklyn, NY - June 8 2012)"! Really nice! Awesome!

Sorry, it's my stupid punk-rock/blues thread... i'm excited... ok i go out! :crazy:

I love Pussy Galore, Boss Hog & Heavy Trash... I think u can like the JSBE, bcause Pussy Galore is also Punk-Rock/Blues! As Boss Hog! But Heavy Trash is more rockabilly. ;-)

i can suggest u 2 listen :

• Extra Width/Mo' Width
  • Orange
  • Experimental Remixes (EP) (reworked by artists including UNKLE, Beck, Mario Caldato Jr., Mike D, Dub Narcotic Sound System, Moby and GZA (featuring Killah Priest)
  • Now I Got Worry
  • ACME or Acme Plus or Xtra Acme USA (more electronic, we have asproducer : Calvin Johnson, Steve Albini, Dan the Automator, Suzanne Dyer, Jim Dickinson, Alec Empire)
  • Plastic Fang

but their last album Meat and Bone is also awesome! ;-) but yeah sounds like Extra Width/Mo' Width, Orange & Now I Got Worry... But i like this new album! ;-)

I hadn't listened to JSBE for many years until the weekend when the wife finally convinced me to watch High Fidelity. Anyway those 2 kids who make a tape and John Cusack decides to fund an EP actually are playing Inside Out by Royal Trux and I'm like "WTF ? this is royal trux" and procede to explain how brilliant royal trux were and how Neil Hagerty used to be in Pussy Galore with John Spencer and I play Turn of the Century by RTX and Soul Typecast from Extra Width by JSBE to illustrate my poiny. (I bought those 2 records on the same day circa 94 while having a drink and drug fueled Pussy Galore revival). Anyway, I really kind of annoyed Mrs LUDD by ponting at half the record sleeves in John Cusacks shop and saying "I've got that - I've got that". And I'm pretty sure the first shot of his shop, the first record in sight is the Autechre 95 peel session 12" which I thought was probably pretty unlikely but then on the other side of the same rack in another shot you see the windowlicker 12".

tl;dr

Crypt Style is great

John Spencer Blues Explosion's Extra Width LP is brilliant

Orange was pretty great

then it all kinda started going a bit Mo'Waxy if i recall and I kind of went off them in principal

hey it was the 90s

oh and by the way re: pussy galore/boss hog/heavy trash etc

none of those bands are as good as royal trux/howling hex/weirdwar etc because Neil Hagerty was way cooler than Jon Spencer

so yeah just buy Cats and dogs

To be honest AST, i reckon you might like the Royal Trux albums Accelerator and Vetrans of Disorder over Cats and Dogs. Those 2 are more of a garage thrashy rock n roll whereas Cats and Dogs is a more slower stoned/heroin type of affair. All great albums though....

accelerator :

[youtubehd]0tO6l4Timdg[/youtubehd]

veterans of disorder :

[youtubehd]0EHHQo7sI4M[/youtubehd]

cats and dogs :

[youtubehd]5mFqxZ0hvKk[/youtubehd]

I like Pussy Galore, I've never bothered with JSBE though. Would I like it? Should I like it?

i dunno... try this

[youtubehd]zzebkPGmNu8[/youtubehd]

or this

[youtubehd]90iaLaPMa9g[/youtubehd]

or this

[youtubehd]_bHtkRRYaE0[/youtubehd]

To be honest AST, i reckon you might like the Royal Trux albums Accelerator and Vetrans of Disorder over Cats and Dogs. Those 2 are more of a garage thrashy rock n roll whereas Cats and Dogs is a more slower stoned/heroin type of affair. All great albums though....

accelerator :

[youtubehd]0tO6l4Timdg[/youtubehd]

veterans of disorder :

[youtubehd]0EHHQo7sI4M[/youtubehd]

cats and dogs :

[youtubehd]5mFqxZ0hvKk[/youtubehd]

It's noted! I shall thus take these three albums blindly! Thanks LUDD! ;-)

You Jon Spencer fans will no doubt enjoy this new article: http://thequietus.com/articles/10154-jon-spencer-blues-explosion-favourite-albums

John discusses 13 of his favourite albums, and there are some surprising (and excellent) choices. Would you believe he wasn't into rock music at all until he went to university and heard one of those (awesome) Back from the Grave compilations? Before that he was only into industrial and electronic music. Go Jon go.

Those compilations are definitely worth tracking down by the way. My former housemate had a few of them, and they're brilliant - proper snotty 60s punk from mostly-forgotten teenage bands. You can probably download them somewhere too.

Find them here: http://theglowingshithole.blogspot.co.uk/2009/05/back-from-grave.html

Not sure if the links are working, can't check right now.

Archived