IGNORED

Anonymous is on hacking spree: Paypal and Symantec already hacked

o00o

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cos people hack shit and say "We are anonymous"

that strategy is going to shoot "them" in the foot sooner than later imo, but whatever. if the word anonymous keeps getting thrown around every time someone hacks something and wants to be recognized for it, the "group" is just going to continue to make more and more enemies, and eventually just claiming you're from the group "anonymous" will probably be enough to get you in trouble (as you'd basically be saying "yeah I'm part of that group with a criminal record" instead of just hacking some shit and laying low... you know, the not-an-angsty-nihilist-idiot way of doing things)

Anonymous will help prevent America from turning (further) into a Police State.

They're not perfect but they're a good thing to have in a world with such insane and powerful governments and corporations.

imo they might just give the US govt a reason to move into a police state quicker, but i see what you're saying. to me it just seems counter-productive to have a "group-mask" to wear when you want to steal/hack/comandeer/whatever, you know? it's as if a big group of vigilante bank robbers all shared the same nixon mask for their robberies. pretty soon the mask itself (saying "We are legion" or whatever) is just a giveaway that you're part of a group that has committed criminal activities in the past. smart law-breakers don't do that, gnome sane

which is why people claiming to be Anonymous can be assumed to be petty criminals having very little forethought :cisfor:

in no way will anonymous help anything. sure, reveal the name of a bully; a cat killer etc.

hooray, justice is served

but that will not affect a country or ANYTHING at that scale. once it's done, it's forgotten.

The glory of this is if peoples money do get taken they can create disputes with paypal. Then paypal can fall under!

Wait is paypal bad?

If someone empties my bank account because of this i'm gonna loose my shit.

What is the point of exposing the credit card numbers of innocent people?

why aren't these fucks hacking the computer of pedophile politicians or something.

The glory of this is if peoples money do get taken they can create disputes with paypal. Then paypal can fall under!

Wait is paypal bad?

Yes Paypal stopped allowing donation payments to wikileaks.

It is also their responsibility to keep their account secure.

*groan

If someone empties my bank account because of this i'm gonna loose my shit.

What is the point of exposing the credit card numbers of innocent people?

why aren't these fucks hacking the computer of pedophile politicians or something.

Once again, I highly doubt Anonymous did this.

Anonymous leans a bit more towards the off-white, hat color-wise.

Exposing police corruption, for instance.

Public services that people in this thread either haven't heard about or don't appreciate the value of.

Public services that people in this thread either haven't heard about or don't appreciate the value of.

Please, do tell.

also... when you refer to anonymous, who IS that?

Yeah doesn't seem particularly Anonymous ish at all.

Crashing PayPal is plausable, Leaking passwords doubtful.

Something about second wave and blah blah, warped understanding and intentions, irresponsible and misguided. Boff.

Please, do tell.

the guys that put up youtube videos with v for vendetta masks saying "We Are Anonymous".

Please, do tell.

I was under the impression that it stems from being able to login to forums like the b board as an anonymous user, free to act however you wanted without any judgment thanks to the 'safety' of anonymity. I would imagine that some people have chosen to extend that attitude into other undertakings.

Guest RadarJammer

Whenever I think of Anonymous I think of Scientology. They have done a lot of good fighting the good fight and bringing public awareness. That's also when the mask wearing makes sense not only because it sends a message but because those church members like to collect the identities of people who cause them trouble.

Whenever I think of Anonymous I think of Scientology. They have done a lot of good fighting the good fight and bringing public awareness. That's also when the mask wearing makes sense not only because it sends a message but because those church members like to collect the identities of people who cause them trouble.

huh?

huh?

oh, the scientology Anonymous must be different from the paypal Anonymous

Guest RadarJammer

huh?

https://whyweprotest.net/anonymous-scientology/

Please, do tell.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ice retaliation

firstly, no need to be an asshole about it, you could've just linked us to an article

secondly, how is "gaining access to 'sensitive data, including citizen complaints about drug crimes, including phone numbers, addresses and other personal information,' & defacing a website... a public service? a helpful one at that? :blink:.

Please, do tell.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...ice retaliation

firstly, no need to be an asshole about it, you could've just linked us to an article

secondly, how is "gaining access to 'sensitive data, including citizen complaints about drug crimes, including phone numbers, addresses and other personal information,' & defacing a website... a public service? a helpful one at that? :blink:.

I try to not sit on either side of the fence with this kinda stuff, but this quote needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. "Gaining access to" is very different from "publishing information on".

Although an individual may be logged in to a network which hosts "sensitive data" that doesn't mean very much. Afaik, in these kinda incidents the most that has been actually published is stuff like names of misbehaving police officers, email discussions illustrating illegal law practices etc.

it's like saying the bank robber was in a building containing millions of moneys, even if all they stole was a pen on a chain.

my point still stands, it's not helping anybody whether they published the info or not

if they didnt publish the info then it at least gives paypal info on future security measures they should look at to prevent it from happening again in worse hands.

yes, true - but again, it isn't a public service as loopy is making it out to be. they aren't hacking anybody as a way of saying "here's the way in, now patch that hole up" they're just morons

Archived