IGNORED

pitchfork/burial minor lol and a question

keltoi

http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-lists/9017-the-top-50-albums-of-2012/4/

It’s been a half-decade since Untrue was nominated for a Mercury Prize and William Bevan was un-hoodied. In the interim, dubstep’s star waxed and wanged.

how many of 'pitchfork's top 50 albums of 2012' do you own? me = maybe 4...

none. not saying it to sound cool or anything. i just dont pay any attention to mainstream internet.

http://pitchfork.com/features/staff-lists/9017-the-top-50-albums-of-2012/4/

It’s been a half-decade since Untrue was nominated for a Mercury Prize and William Bevan was un-hoodied. In the interim, dubstep’s star waxed and wanged.

how many of 'pitchfork's top 50 albums of 2012' do you own? me = maybe 4...

none. not saying it to sound cool or anything. i just dont pay any attention to mainstream internet.

sorry but that does sound a bit 'too cool for school'. i know it's not the ultimate in avante garde, especially to fans of electronic and experimental music, but i guarantee you that very few of my friends/family/colleagues/acquaintances will have heard of pfork or boomkat. (edit) ... or any of the music/artists there-in.

I own everything Pitchfork recommends.

lol.

I have exactly 1 of the albums on Pitchfork's list, although there's a few more I should pick up. To be honest since my hard drive crashed and I lost all my music this year I'm basically too depressed to seek out and collect new music, I've just been listening to the same Scott Walker albums (Scott 2 and Scott 4) on repeat since about June. The new one was good too.

To be honest since my hard drive crashed and I lost all my music this year I'm basically too depressed to seek out and collect new music, I've just been listening to the same Scott Walker albums (Scott 2 and Scott 4) on repeat since about June. The new one was good too.

I have had two major HD crashes and both times my taste in music got more sincere and refined, it's nice listening to core albums (old or new) instead of feeling like you have to be hip on everything new - right now I'm in a funk because so much of the music I listen to at work is via streaming

Archived