IGNORED

MFB Ambient

BCM

this is it for this one i'm afraid, but it's inspired me to do more similar stuff, i was going to put this on the MFB album, but i'm not happy with the quality, so am now working on a v2 (not the german rocket).

The tones are really spooky, & I think track-wise it's got enough going on. But it feels like it's missing a certain sense of immersion. You know, the one really great ambient tracks have, where it feels like you're sinking down into the sound & having it surround you on all sides?

Good news is I don't think this has anything to do with the composition or the sounds you're using, more just the recording/EQing/mastering/etc (and I'm not well versed on the finer points of those subjects)

Guest Frankie5fingers
this is it for this one i'm afraid, but it's inspired me to do more similar stuff, i was going to put this on the MFB album, but i'm not happy with the quality, so am now working on a v2 (not the german rocket).

you mean the quality of just this track? cause i think it sounds great. the "lower quality" adds a lot to the overall feel. like Crypt says, if you added a little extra to it, maybe some background sounds or something this would be an amazing ambient piece.

hmmmm...yeah i know what you mean, i kind of like the lower quality feel too, but it distorts in the upper register in places which i don't like, it's just because i fucked up the original recordings from the MFB a bit...might go have a look again now though

*ponders*

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

I really enjoyed this! Sounds almost like a degraded pipe organ recording, you could easily just put some delay, a little vinyl crackle on top and pass this off as a Caretaker track :emotawesomepm9:

It'd be really nice just to have something to fill it in with, not necessarily much but just a bit of extra sound to bring it all together. Otherwise really nice work!

The low sound quality adds to the mood of the track, I think.

Try to keep the fuzziness, while improving the depth of the track like Cryptowen said up there. The melody itself is alright, but the lack of space really kills it for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice ambient work, isolationist and a little bit crazy.

I don't think that low quality somehow worsen the track, quite the contrary. Aphex's SAWII has the low quality as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived