IGNORED

my instrumental hiphop

solarion

Guest Lucy Faringold

"sorta loses something without rap but I ain't gonna rap"

:biggrin:

It sounds kinda quiet for a hip-hop track. Had to almost max out my volume. I also have a problem making tracks loud enough though, so I feel your pain.

I like how relaxing it is. The length is fine.

"sorta loses something without rap but I ain't gonna rap"

:biggrin:

It sounds kinda quiet for a hip-hop track. Had to almost max out my volume. I also have a problem making tracks loud enough though, so I feel your pain.

I like how relaxing it is. The length is fine.

oh shit.

I forgot to normalize it; I record it at low levels onto my H1 because it tends to clip in a way I can't hear easily monitoring.

lemme correct that.

Edit: https://soundcloud.com/tylosaur/notnotghost

Guest active galaxies

This is a decent start of a track, for sure. It does feel like there's something missing, so if you're not going to add vocals to it I'd certainly suggest you play around with additional synths, layers to the original components, or samples or fx to fatten this out.

One thing you might want to look at is the basic drum loop that underpins this, rhythymically it's fine, but it does feel too clean and a bit samey across the whole track. Some subtle variation and some carefully applied fx here and there (e.g interesting filtering, distortion, throwing the odd drum hit in backwards, taking the odd drum hit out entirely etc) could make for a more interesting listen, although obviously this depends on what you are trying to achieve here. The synth pad could also do with more texture/layers, it feels a bit like a preset.

Some careful extra work could take this interesting new places.

I like this...length is definitely fine, wouldn't worry about it...hell I'd like to hear it longer with a few more changes :) Wish I had my headphones on me so I could really hear the mix, but it sounds good as far as I can tell. The middle section I do feel like I could hear more going on, maybe some fills, more of that violin possibly. Anywho, great track man!

Guest Aserinsky

Liking the vibes here, reminds me a lot of Wagon Christ! I'd maybe try a little bit of variation on the drums though, they sound pretty on the grid and it'd be really nice to have a bit more variation and swing to them. I certainly wouldn't try to half the length of your stuff though, in the right context this song would be perfect if it was double!

This is a decent start of a track, for sure. It does feel like there's something missing, so if you're not going to add vocals to it I'd certainly suggest you play around with additional synths, layers to the original components, or samples or fx to fatten this out.

One thing you might want to look at is the basic drum loop that underpins this, rhythymically it's fine, but it does feel too clean and a bit samey across the whole track. Some subtle variation and some carefully applied fx here and there (e.g interesting filtering, distortion, throwing the odd drum hit in backwards, taking the odd drum hit out entirely etc) could make for a more interesting listen, although obviously this depends on what you are trying to achieve here. The synth pad could also do with more texture/layers, it feels a bit like a preset.

Some careful extra work could take this interesting new places.

thank you for the criticism! this is certainly pretty sketchy stuff; the intention eventually -would- be to have vocals over it. it's just A: i'm not confident in doing the vocals myself, as I am far too white for that sort of thing, and B: i haven't yet found somebody who can do such things for me.

the editing issue mainly comes because that's fiddly to do on an MPC; i'm now tinkering with recording the individual tracks and doing some post-production editing, given that's a comment i've recieved often.

the synth pad is also probably a preset. it's actually taken from a stevie wonder song with a chunk of EQing, lol.

Liking the vibes here, reminds me a lot of Wagon Christ!

Luke is the master, good fellow.

Archived