IGNORED

Scare Me

Audioblysk

So I watched this Martyrs-business about a week ago since there was so much talk about it, "shouldn't have watched", "stays with you for a whole week" and so on ... what can I say? It didn't even stay with me till the end of the movie, I fell asleep about 60 minutes in. Yeah yeah I didn't watch the whole piece and can't judge it properly and such, but it sucked pretty bad, that much was obvious. It doesn't rely on the actors but on special effects instead, throws a ghost-hallucination in there as well, just to make sure, and while they're at it, they don't forget the ominous secret agency complete with ridiculous ideology and all, and a "creepy" female boss for the "psycho" aspect ... oh man. I hate it when films try to push my buttons with such cheap-ass tricks... can't imagine how this generic thursday night tv horror flick would seriously stay with you when you've already watched fucked up shit like Irreversible and such ... but I mustn't forget Martyr's pros - It had a piss-bucket-chair in it! :wub:

"Entrance" 2012... best recent horror movie i've watched. it was on netflix streaming, not sure if it still is. ignore the low imdb reviews, they don't know shit about shit

Now this one was a whole different story... I don't know whether I think it's actually a good film or whether I'm just confused and disturbed by how unpredictable it was... I seriously can't decide, but here's the things I noticed - the acting was on a very high standard (imo). The film's very unconventional in the way its shot and edited. And the film is totally unpredictable.

The camera work reminded me of that creepy scene with the "neighbor lady" from Inland Empire, that camcorder-stuck-to-the-forehead-style. It's not as extreme in Entrance, but it's certainly a very minimal camera work... now I don't know whether this was a conscious decision or whether this was simply due to limited budget, the whole film certainly feels very low budget... but it worked to great effect as I had no idea what to expect. It felt like watching somebody's private youtube video at some points. There was a feeling of extreme tension even though, for the most part, fuck all happened! I see how many people find it boring, but I didn't, not at all. Some of the scenes in which the main actress was simply shown sleeping in her bed had me so on edge I even turned the volume down as I was scared I might get startled to death... didn't happen, of course. Like all good horror, most of it goes on inside your head.

I'm not sure how I feel about the way the film eventually played out ... but I'd still recommend this film as an unconventional horror experience with some minor flaws.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nene multiple assgasms

I recently saw the movie "megan is missing." overall, it wasn't great, but the last half hour was the most terrifying thing I've ever seen. I almost had to turn it off. It was harder to get through than "martyrs" due to the plot being more realistic.

Sonia, a girl from St Petersburg, decides to seek a better life in western Europe. She first gets a job at a car dealer in Germany. But she is suddenly kidnapped and sold into sexual slavery. She will be dragged from country to country and resistance will only bring her misery and humiliation.

TRANSE+2006+Affiche.jpg

Archived