IGNORED

Scare Me

Audioblysk

men behind the sun is just an awful film

salo is also terrible

"henry" was deplorable

these 3 films i couldn't finish or really enjoy because they were so dark and real

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Begotten is indeed an awesome "art" movie, but it never really "disturbed" me....but I totally get that the aesthetic is disturbing in nature....it is awesome.....I think the most disturbing parts of that movie were the repetitive noises...the dripping water/blood? in the god-death scene was unnerving.

Yes. Are there any movies out there with the same idea of Begotten but modern? And maybe a bit more scary? I'm thinking vague shit here. Maybe something like the SIlent Hill 4 teaser trailers? I'm looking for just constant, unnerving horror that seems to address the viewer directly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScCGK1_5ZaA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIZlIQKquNk

Skip to 3:38 on this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZhoQ2hwRc4

It's not the greatest, but the concept of Session 9 is pretty cool:

[youtubehd]LsxkRNvEbhM[/youtubehd]

(keep in mind this is a somewhat mainstream-ish movie, but still a good watch)

also I didn't know if books would be allowed for recommendation, but this one disturbed the shit out of me:

http://www.amazon.com/Ordinary-Men-Reserve-Battalion-Solution/dp/0060995068/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361134216&sr=8-1&keywords=ordinary+men

It's basically a research based narrative of a group of Polish citizens under Nazi occupation that were in charge of rounding up and sometimes executing Jewish members of their own populous. It's partially a response to the shoddy academic treatise of Daniel Goldberg that claimed Germans and Europeans were "willing executioners" due to a long history of anti-Semitism (aka complete kneejerk bullshit). The way this book shows you are members of the public are manipulated into killing their former friends, lovers, co-workers is absolutely bone chilling, in my opinion.

edit: the reserve battalions were made up of German and Polish citizens.

ugh, session 9 was horrible. only redeeming factor is that it has the best delivered fuck you line in cinema:

[youtubehd]mz5ODQCueP8[/youtubehd]

Just watched Man Bites Dog. good film. Disturbing. The one film that gets me every time is The Shining. That has to be the scariest, most psychologically intense movie i have seen. Every time i watch it it will stick with me for days. Oldboy also gets me. perhaps it's the emotional attachment that makes things scary.

you know man bites dog is a dark comedy right?

Here's a great example of what I'm talking about.

http://vimeo.com/16056709

More like this please.

well, if we're stepping out of film to shorts and alikes, i think we all agree rubber johnny is pretty sick... oh well...

[youtubehd]wDp8rNtxtBE[/youtubehd]

Haha, I didn't have the heart to break it to him.

The director of Martyrs made his third feature starring Jessica Biel last year, The Tall Man. Going to watch it tonight with zero expectation.

i think you should lower your expectations a it a bit more...

Haha, I didn't have the heart to break it to him.

Guest Roksen Creek

The last film that scared me, or at least, creeped me out, was the original Japanese version of The Ring. That feels like a lifetime ago now though.

I guess Inland Empire is scary in a warped way. As are most of Lynch's.

just found martyrs on lovefilm, thats tonight sorted out then cheers

that was fucked up. Cheers watmm

i don't like the "ghost" scenes.... they're pretty dull, wassssup with ghosts and moonwalking and dance moves and such??? it takes all the creepiness away...

the movie feels like 2 movies also...

Inside - very gory (if a little silly in parts) and good suspense

Martyrs - very disturbing concept and a gruelling ordeal, stays with you for a good week after

A Serbian Film - the most fucked up film to date imho but taken with a pinch of salt is a very well made film if a little too well made

Ichi the Killer (uncut) - Japanese extreme at its best

Grace - a slow paced creepy tale

The Ring (Japanese version) - very slow but its worth the money shot at the end especially when watching it in a dark room

Mum and Dad - fucked up Britsh extreme flick but I couldn't quite take Bones from Op Good Guys seriously enough

Audition - a little long winded but a teeth gritting ending

The Devil Inside - a shit cam style film but the scary bits kinda worked on a loud cinema system although its totally ripped off Chris Cunningham

Drag Me To Hell - a tongue n cheek Sam Rami shock horror that's good to make your girlfriend jump

Don't Look Now hasn't been mentioned yet and Frontiers and Human Centipede 2 are next on my to do list. I've also been told the new 'I Spit On Your Grave' is worth a watch even though it actually didn't make its budget because everyone just pirated it which is probably what I will do.

I don't do those shit 70's nasties with real animal slaughter/abuse and got 15mins into some 'Banned from TV' video comp with real executions and suicides before I had to turn it off.

A Serbian Film - the most fucked up film to date imho but taken with a pinch of salt is a very well made film if a little too well made

i wouldn't use such description but yeah, i recommend it!

Ichi the Killer (uncut) - Japanese extreme at its best

YES!!!

Audition - a little long winded but a teeth gritting ending

takashi miike's audition

Don't Look Now hasn't been mentioned yet

don%27t-look-now-poster.jpg

I've also been told the new 'I Spit On Your Grave' is worth a watch even though it actually didn't make its budget because everyone just pirated it which is probably what I will do.

yes, for the rush!!!

Archived