IGNORED

Scare Me

Audioblysk

So are we looking for creepy ghost type movies or just fucked up torture disturbing movies?

I'm only good for the first kind, so I guess I'll recommend these:

It's been mentioned before but Lake Mungo was the last film that creeped me out.

Most people seem to dislike it but Paranormal Activity (the first one) was actually quite atmospheric at times and not as stupid as I expected.

Pontypool is not going to scare you deeply or anything, but it's worth a watch for the creative approach. Also very atmospheric.

www.imdb.com/title/tt1596365

shitty movie but i remember it giving me some scare jumps... it's the way it's edited, i guess it's pretty easy to achieve it, and so it did...

Agree, the scares were very effective, timing-wise ... but overall, it wasn't that great. It had some potential and an amazing setting, could have been a good, classic ghost movie (like The Others), but took some lame turns unfortunately.

I saw The Shining expecting an step-by-step adaptation of the book, and thus I was dissapointed by it. I should watch it again and enjoy for what it is

maybe you should try this instead...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118460/

Yeah this sucks, I saw it on TV when it was released. I told my ex gf to go and watch that thing after she said the exact same thing about the good Shining version like ThatSpanishGuy.

The Blair Witch Project [a classic as far as I`m concerned] then watch The Last Broadcast

My favorite film (Blair Witch) - Last Broadcast is kind of alright but the ending is very silly, if I recall correctly.

It's not the greatest, but the concept of Session 9 is pretty cool:

(keep in mind this is a somewhat mainstream-ish movie, but still a good watch)

I thought it was quite creepy, which is an accomplishment since most of it is set in broad daylight. Also the actors are great (yeah, even the CSI Miami guy puts down a good performance).

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Pontypool

A little bit corny (the ending made me cringe) but fun. Nice to see a horror movie taking a new angle.

I'm sure a lot of you will disagree but I really enjoyed VHS too. The tying together of the stories was pretty awkward but there were some very freaky moments.

just found martyrs on lovefilm, thats tonight sorted out then cheers

that was fucked up. Cheers watmm

i don't like the "ghost" scenes.... they're pretty dull, wassssup with ghosts and moonwalking and dance moves and such??? it takes all the creepiness away...

the movie feels like 2 movies also...

I think it is worth pointing out that I had a really fucked up dream last night, I was in bed and was getting stabbed in the back by that naked ghoul thing. There were other parts of the dream too that were completely unrelated and "normal", but I distinctly remember being slashed and stabbed. Nasty!

Human Centipede movies were very disturbing to me

Part 3 sounds like it takes the concept to a whole new level... I am presuming it is some kind of club / cult where people can "sign up" to join in on the grafting??!

I'm sure a lot of you will disagree but I really enjoyed VHS too. The tying together of the stories was pretty awkward but there were some very freaky moments.

I wasn't gonna mention it in this thread as I didn't think it was very creepy, but it's a nice oldschool concept to have these horror shorts combined as one movie that fits very well with the found footage genre. It's a fun movie for a Halloween party!

Human Centipede movies were very disturbing to me

In Europe, we do shit like that for breakfast .... :emotawesomepm9:

This one by Haneke fucked with me:

MV5BMTg3NzgwNTc1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDMz

Like Funny Games, it's more of an anti-horror-movie ... but it's a terrifying and rather realistic portrait. I'm occasionally experiencing similarly themed nightmares ever since.

This one by Haneke fucked with me:

MV5BMTg3NzgwNTc1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDMz

Like Funny Games, it's more of an anti-horror-movie ... but it's a terrifying and rather realistic portrait. I'm occasionally experiencing similarly themed nightmares ever since.

how could i forget haneke's the piano teacher...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0254686/

The image tricked me! It was displayed correctly at first, then it disappeared. :dry:

The Haneke one I was talking about is Benny's Video

51fpA8z6dqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also a good one:

9039-fc-a.jpg

Mind you, these are not creepy or enjoyable films but rather realistic and depressing. Yet very good.

The scene in Salo with the three blokes dancing remains one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Not seen it in awhile but from what I remember Noroi has a couple of effective scares.

That looks pretty fucked up, wish I could understand it though

The video comes with English subtitles, you can enable them using the CC button.

But this film is too much for me, I don't wanna watch it, too afraid it might make me feel bad the next time I hit a girl for sexual pleasure in real life.

Possession (1981) is also a sick movie, i believe they rereleased the soundtrack of it on boomkat a while ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43TY6Tg_xmw&feature=player_detailpage

can't find a decent rip on the web :( oh well guess i'm gonna have to content with a shitty dvd rip...

i would recommend DARIO ARGENTO work on the same wavelength...

Mum and Dad - fucked up Britsh extreme flick but I couldn't quite take Bones from Op Good Guys seriously enough

I watched that last night. It's not exactly a good film, the acting isn't that great (not terrible either) and it doesn't make so much sense altogether. It's not very well made either - the beginning looks promising, but the final scene is exceptionally shitty from a technical perspective and even overexposed by a good bunch (and I don't think it's intentional) - Hence, what I found disturbing about the film is not what the filmmakers were showing me and trying to gross me out with, it's the fact that the movie was made in the first place! Makes me wonder why, oh why is there such a fascination with violence and torture all the time? Like 2016 Ghana Movie - no matter how low the budget, no matter how shitty the cgi effects, violence is the main theme, with all means possible. They could have told another, much more interesting story, couldn't they?

Then again, I just felt like just noting this, but I'm not a saint myself, since I found the main actress/victim of Mum & Dad extremely erotic and kept hoping for a scene in which they made her get her tits out ... at least.I was actually disappointed there were no sexually explicit scenes shown. :emb:

... yeah but I don't recommend this film.

managed to find Snuff 102 tho I couldnt get the subs to work so ended up skipping a lot of it (including the real pig footage at the begining)

pretty effective gritty videotape style that hides the low budget flaws of the film but the ott sound edting kept reminding you that you are watching a b movie

its the performences of the main female roles that really carryl the scenes off plus there's an very cool idm soundtrack with loads of distorted 303

dark and sick as fuck

i regret watching martyrs

fuck that shit

it's my own fault but still i wish i never saw it.

"if it doesn't uplift the human spirit piss on it"

ken kesey

I had to watch caddyshack and bottlerocket to clean out my psyche before i could move forward in life.

my GF left the room after the shooting scene started and worked on her knitting

i should have helped hold the wool.

fuck that shit

ken kesey

I had to watch caddyshack and bottlerocket to clean out my psyche before i could move forward in life.

next step, Irreversible!

fuck that shit

ken kesey

next step, Irreversible!

next step A Serbian Film :tongue:

Archived