IGNORED

Your Ideas for Movies/Books/Video Games/Visual Art/etc

gmanyo

This is a place to give your ideas for all different forms of art, and to comment on others' ideas, and maybe even decide to create some of these things. To start off, 3 of my ideas:

One idea roasty and I have been wanting to do is a point and click game styled like/made with art from unomoralez and with music like this. It would probably be about some sort of weird dystopian future where businesses controlled the world and you had to find the evil demon center of the whole scheme by collecting spirit orbs and locating the demoncore in an underground diamond cave accessed through the central business headquarters tower or something. The whole world will be very corporate and clean, shiny rectangular buildings with "beautiful" artwork hanging on the walls (rolling hills, landscapes, etc).

Another I've had is a movie about a group of street racing friends who get deep into the money and drugs of it. The movie would be mainly about the characters. If it's not too dramatic, it would be cool to have most of them die in the movie, one from a heroin overdose, a couple in a car crash, possibly one from suicide. I knew this hillbilly guy I met in my short stay at a mental hospital who was super into street racing. He was really bipolar and had tried to kill himself multiple times; he barely had any teeth and was clearly a bit crazy. He partially inspired this idea. It will be like Tokyo Drift meets No Country for Old Men or something. Maybe not No Country for Old Men, since the characters should matter more, but some sort of movie. Maybe the more normal parts of Gummo? idk.

One more, similar to the first but a movie. There's a dystopian future where corporations rule the world (again lol). The whole planet is like Kowloon Walled City, and the corporation-led-government keeps people oblivious by distracting them with hoverboard polo championships. Hoverboarding is the main form of entertainment in general, and normal skateboarding is illegal. The aesthetic is very 80s future, like the future in Back to the Future II. Lots of neon colors and shapes. A group of skateboarder kids, styled very 90s with torn jeans and everything, is in rebellion against the government and fights against them with the ancient lost art of skate-fu. Will the graphic-tee clad good guys conquer the totalitarian government, or will corporations squash the rebellion and continue their rule? Think Red Dawn meets 1984 or Rollerball.

So what are your ideas? Share away!

Guest RadarJammer

a man inherits a shoe shop from his grandfather, while cleaning out the back room he stumbles upon an old dusty pair of penny loafers that look to be just his size,. after wearing the shoes for awhile he decides to slip in some pennies and is magically transported to the time of 1500 where he befriends Michelangelo and Leonardo Da Vinci and out of his cleverness and boredom he hatches a devious plan to turn the two artist against each other

Find some sports story about, I dunno, the first black hockey player or some shit, dramatize it, license some Motown songs even if it's not set in 60s, send the script to Hollywood, make millions.

I want to see wordless films/documentary things like that Zidane film. I was thinking something like a full film of just cameras following around people's lives -- doesn't have to be real either -- could be set in the far away future, and the writers can make up their mind how it is to live in the year 2421( for example )

I'd like to see the life of John Whiteside "Jack" Parsons made into a film, one of the U.S.'s first rocket and fuel researchers, and one of the founders of the Jet Propulsion Labs. But the guy was also heavily involved in the occult and Thelema, in leagues with Aleister Crowley. Crowley named him head of an OTO lodge in California. His huge house also was known to board many artists and eccentrics including L. Ron Hubbard before he went on to start Scientology (Hubbard also stole his woman from him). He also had pretty interesting political views, he wrote a few essays on freedom, and many occult related books on topics like witchcraft and the antichrist. He died from his injuries taken during an explosion at his house, and it's unclear whether it was a murder (he had many enemies), suicide, or a black magick ritual gone wrong. Dude was without a doubt an interesting guy. There's a couple good books about his life "Sex & Rockets" and "Strange Angel" I think if done well it could make a very interesting bio-flick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Whiteside_Parsons

i want to make an understated period drama about a love triangle in paris in the late nineteenth century, during the world's fair. the first hour would be a wistful, sad, jane campion-esque story of unrequited love. then, in the final act, the two male suitors, fighting for the affection of the love interest, propose a duel...in gigantic clockwork automatons. the last half hour of the film consists of a massive battle between two chromium gundams in the sky over paris, intercut with shots of the men twirling their mustaches. the only dialogue would consist of dubbed, obviously african american male voices yelling "motherfucker". the sequence culminates in a firestorm that destroys europe. the film is called fin de siecle.

Archived