IGNORED

Boris - Präparat

Amphetadex

http://www.diwproducts.com/prd.php?DYMV995

It seems Boris have finally issued their first new full-length since the trio of Attention Please, Heavy Rocks (purple), and New Album. I haven't heard it yet, as I'm still waiting for my LP to get here since it's unfortunately a Japan only release, but from what I hear this is definitely on the heavier, darker side of their sound, which is definitely a welcome return.

I wish I could see them on this tour, but I'm doing this whole stupid graduation and finding a job thing so I don't know if I'd have the time to make it to any of them (and I'm 4 hours away from the closest show to where I am now). I got to see them play with Michio Kurihara on what I believe was their last or second to last tour through the US till this one, so I can't be too upset.

What I really wish I could do is make it to both nights of any of their two-night residencies on this tour.

"For the first night, the band will perform its all-time classics along with many new songs never before played in the US. The second night’s set features most of Boris’ cult classic album Flood along with a noise/drone/experimental set."

Would love to hear all of Flood live.

I got my copy of Präparat today, and I have to say I feel it was well worth the purchase. If I had to describe it based on their previous works, it reminds me most of Sound Track from Film "Mabuta no Ura" with touches of Heavy Friends and Akuma no Uta. Good mix of pieces with and without vocals, as well as nice contrasts between the quieter, kinda lo-fi segments and the crushing thunder of distortion.

Guest Ron Manager

Boris live is fucking amazing. i saw them at the Pavement ATP where they played two sets - Feedbacker live and then a regular set. fucking intense. the only band i've ever seen that was louder than them was My Bloody Valentine.

Archived