Joyrex

i still haven't played mgs4. if i get i ps4, can i play it on that?

Pretty sure it's not going to be backwards compatible.

It will be interesting if Sony can successfully emulate a PS3 and offer that ability with their new hardware. The fact it's radically different from the PS3 means it probably won't be, at least for the first few years, depending on the demand and outcry. Once the PS3 ceases production (which will be well into the PS4's lifespan I would imagine, just like how the PS2 just this year finally ceased production, 6 years into the PS3's era), the demand might go up and we'll start seeing "PS3 classics" like we do with PS2 games now on the PS3.

Then again, with Gaikai, they might be able to solve this issue quite easily and make a buck or two at it.

i still haven't played mgs4. if i get i ps4, can i play it on that?

Pretty sure it's not going to be backwards compatible.

It will be interesting if Sony can successfully emulate a PS3 and offer that ability with their new hardware. The fact it's radically different from the PS3 means it probably won't be, at least for the first few years, depending on the demand and outcry. Once the PS3 ceases production (which will be well into the PS4's lifespan I would imagine, just like how the PS2 just this year finally ceased production, 6 years into the PS3's era), the demand might go up and we'll start seeing "PS3 classics" like we do with PS2 games now on the PS3.

Then again, with Gaikai, they might be able to solve this issue quite easily and make a buck or two at it.

Didn't they say something in the unvail conference about being able to play legacy titles through streaming servers. And that if you own old titles registered already through the PSN you won't have to pay to play the games. Or did i misunderstand what they were on about.

Guest Enter a new display name

They should have left the series alone since Metal Gear Solid 4, which was meant to conclude the storyline, instead of milking the franchise with sequels.

Archived